Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

Great news congrats..
    I give our pug and Bongop Salmon Oil and i've seen no adverse reactions. I started because i was told for our black pug louie it was good for their skin and coat we were seeing flakes. It seems to be going great if flaxseed does the sames and is easier to digest what is the differance between the 2?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    Well thank goodness its pretty positve news anyway! We'll keep our fingers crossed for Cooper. I hear ya on the money part, I think I paid my vets Mercedes payment this month!
    Yeah not so great Coop still throwing up.....I just started feeding mushed up fresh veggies as @Twice suggested! Thank hun! He has been keeping them down and seems to be doing good. I hope I get my fromm tomorrow or the next so I can start that and see if he will keep it down. I know he misses his kibble!!!

@Fbjdd Yeah I think I am going to skip the salmon oil from now on. He has such bad gas with it n then we started the throwing up about a week after I started it. I'm not saying I agree with the one vet that the salmon oil is the cause of the sickness but I am sure with the amount of gas he got from it...his belly couldn't be feeling that awesome! He doesn't have skin issues yet and I hope we avoid that all together. Also we are getting the cysts in the toes!!! UGH!!! I think almost every toe has one!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Thank You everyone who has been helping the last few days with Cooper throwing up
    Vet did x rays and blood test today. Xrays came back just fine but blood test she said was odd.
    His white blood cells were normal but his lymfocyten was high and his Phosphorus was high also.
    She is blaming it on the salmon oil. He got a shot of antibiotics, and another shot of something I can't remember.
    Gave me canned bland food,, gave me metronidazole and Sucralfate ....and also synacore powder to put in his food.. She said it is an infection in his tummy and not to feed him tonight...but I am not sure if I am going to listen to the not eat tonight. She said give his tummy a break but he hasn't thrown up today after he ate anyway. and he is going to be starving!!! We will see......hopefully this stuff works.
    High lymphocytes indicate an infection, the salmon oil wouldn't cause that.
    High phosphorous level ignited my kidney paranoia. Did she tell you how high?

edit...
    Not suggesting kidney damage in Coop. I should have said that, sorry, I just woke up from a much needed nap (not feeling so hot today). High phosphorous can affect the calcium level in his bones. If it is too high she should have given you a binder or told you to crush up some egg shells or something

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Cooper is on the mend!

Cooper11

I wrote it at the biggning of this post but I don't think I wrote the numbers down. And what you just said was exactly what they told me with using the salmon oil but you are the first person one on here that said the salmon oil could cause that! Every one else said they never heard of it. His Phosphorous level was off and another one was off....I got antibiotics and other meds for tummy and that when he stopped throwing up for a few days and then started again. I had new blood work done for him by my new vet and he said thos came back normal....said phosphorus was a little higher than normal but that is common in puppies and he had been sick so....... Glad to hear you say this. I wasn't going to give him the salmon oil anymore because I didn't think his body was meshing well with it. Between the horrible and the once I stopped the salmon oil the stopped! Vet said cuz of the fatty oils or something that is in the salmon oil! I just got off phone with vet told him you recommended the veggies and that I was waiting for new dog food and once I get that we will go from there if more testing is needed!
    @Twice

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    Glad to hear Cooper is on the mend!
    And I know what you are saying..... I was worried about kidneys or liver too but they they were fine. But with him still throwing up the way he has makes me really wonder....... after what happened with your baby! We will see though!

Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good! Let's hope he is finally getting on the right track.

And I'm sorry, words like "elevated phosphorous levels" freak me out. I can't even eat a cinnamon BUN anymore without feeling nauseous.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good to hear Coop

Cooper11

[QUOTE=Twice;169609]High lymphocytes indicate an infection, the salmon oil wouldn't cause that.
    High phosphorous level ignited my kidney paranoia. Did she tell you how high?

edit...
    Not suggesting kidney damage in Coop. I should have said that, sorry, I just woke up from a much needed nap (not feeling so hot today). High phosphorous can affect the calcium level in his bones. If it is too high she should have given you a binder or told you to crush up some egg shells or something[/QUOTE

LOL You probably thought my first response to this I was losing it. For some reason I thought you said the salmon oil would cause it lol...... But yeah I am still staying away from it. And I know its not the salmon oil cuz he is still throwing up even thought its been so long since he has had it.
    @Twice

Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    LOL You probably thought my first response to this I was losing it. For some reason I thought you said the salmon oil would cause it lol...... But yeah I am still staying away from it. And I know its not the salmon oil cuz he is still throwing up even thought its been so long since he has had it.
    @Twice

I knew what you meant I am fluent in crazy lady

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I knew what you meant I am fluent in crazy lady

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

So glad to know you know what it is for Coop! I suppose dogs, like people, just can't tolerate certain foods and supplements. Hopefully, that's what it is and you and Coop can now carry on to normacy.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads