Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $200 later....got Coopers results

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

I'm sooo sorry to hear about Cooper I hope he gets better!

Cooper11

@kazzy220 also I was wondering if you all start salmon oil at a certain age....he is 7 months...that not too young is it? Or does it matter?

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You might want to try flax oil instead of the salmon...same omega 3 but might be easier for him to digest....my dogs didn't have a good reaction to salmon oil (lots of burping) but do fine on the flax....but I agree with the others I don't think salmon oil would be the source of an infection unless it was a bad batch orhad gone bad.

Hope the little guy gets better super fast....

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm sorry ... but when it comes to nutrition most of these vets are complete idiots. They just believe whatever they are told because they get paid to sell a paticular product!!! Makes me so crazy!!

I'd take him off the salmon ... put him on the bland diet ... get everything back to normal and then when you KNOW it is back to normal add in the salmon oil again. Just a little bit .. if there is the slightest sign of illness then don't do it again but if there isn't then it's all fine.

To blame salmon oil because it's too "fatty" is the most ridiculous explanation I've ever heard. Now if the vet had said that it was because there was a possible link to a salmon allergy then that would be more believable.

My daughter wants to be a vet ... she's going to graduate this year and has applied and been accepted into two colleges to do a major in biology. After four years if she is very lucky and very good she will be accepted into a four year program at the Vet School ... I'd like to think that with the experiences she is getting from EBN to us and how we feed our bullies that one day I willl know a vet who values and knows more than wht the colleges fill them with.

**stepping away from soap box **
    I agree..... AND I see she SOLD YOU FOOD!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I agree..... AND I see she SOLD YOU FOOD!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!
    Just 2 small cans of that nasty bland prescription stuff.......I didn't use it and I didn't listen to her when she told me not to feed him......I made him beef and rice last night. He didn't throw up last night and hasn't yet this am...but she did give him an antibiotic shot so I am hoping that helped. He is one sleepy boy though!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Just 2 small cans of that nasty bland prescription stuff.......I didn't use it and I didn't listen to her when she told me not to feed him......I made him beef and rice last night. He didn't throw up last night and hasn't yet this am...but she did give him an antibiotic shot so I am hoping that helped. He is one sleepy boy though!

Poor baby........ I'd continue with the bland diet of grd. beef and rice for a few days. Hope he is back to 'normal' soon.

Cooper11

Poor baby........ I'd continue with the bland diet of grd. beef and rice for a few days. Hope he is back to 'normal' soon.
    It's okay to do chicken too right????? He isn't going to want to go back to his kibble! He is getting spoiled with this bland diet! He is in heaven!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

It's okay to do chicken too right????? He isn't going to want to go back to his kibble! He is getting spoiled with this bland diet! He is in heaven!

As long as he isn't allergic to chicken. You have something better to do besides cook for your sweetie????

Cooper11

As long as he isn't allergic to chicken. You have something better to do besides cook for your sweetie????
    .......:picknose:

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 also I was wondering if you all start salmon oil at a certain age....he is 7 months...that not too young is it? Or does it matter?
    Not sure if there is a minimum age for salmon oil .... Linus has been on it since we got him. @desertskybulldogs When did you start feeding Linus and his siblings the salmon oil??

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Once they were on kibble a couple of weeks, so probably around 7 weeks. But I only put a half a squirt in, they are so little! I don't get to the full pump until about 16 weeks, then the 2 pumps at adult.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Well thank goodness its pretty positve news anyway! We'll keep our fingers crossed for Cooper. I hear ya on the money part, I think I paid my vets Mercedes payment this month!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads