Update on Gracie

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Gracie is back to her normal cantankerous self. She is eating, drinking peein and pooin..She is harrarssing the frenchies and playing with the chihuahua..
Thank you all for the prayers and the support. Didnt think she was going to make it..Now on to better days for miss gracie lou who...

Question:

Caleb is still really skinny. Ive tried several things. Do you guys have any handy dandy remedies for packing on weight. Im taking him in for a blood test on friday to check for hyperthyroidism and EPI..

Thanks

Laurie

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:cheers: Yeah Gracie! So happy all is well! She is a trooper and she will fight to stay with her mama and family!!! As far as putting weight on I only had exp with Pitbull. We had a rescue for 2 months and we used pedisure/boost and supplements for healthy weight gain. If you try a petstore they should have protein shakes/pills you can give! Im not sure if the EBD could tolerate it. Thanks for the update and for taking such good care of your babies! You should be very proud for all you do!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am sooooooo glad Gracie is doing so well! If Caleb can handle eggs, cheese, & cottage cheese that will put weight on. Get ready for some room clearing gas!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Peanut Butter?

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Ok maybe I spoke too soon. Gracie threw up her dehydrated raw...She digested the kibble but not the raw. Now for supper she ate the kibble but not the raw..Who knows.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I hope that she continues to recover ... bless her .. she has been so much in her little life already!!! As for putting on weight I'm going to tag [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
When Bella was undiagnosed I just fed her as often as possible and mixed a good grainfree canned in. Of course I was fighting an uphill battle. I would see what the test scores tell you. Then take it from there. If the results are negative for any issues, then maybe increase his calories.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Glad to hear Gracie is getting back to her normal self!

Some dogs just don't do well with raw oddly enough. We had to switch Bre back to kibble from raw because it was giving her digestion issues. As for the weight gain...we've used peanut butter and cheese tossed in with the food but that was with labs and american bulldog fosters...not sure if an EB would tolerate that much extra fat? Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.