Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Well spring must be coming because Schultz is OCD licking his feet....besides sticking him in socks (which he does not care for)......does anyone have any home remedies for this problem? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331031134.219209.jpg

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I know! It's driving me crazy! I give him a benedryl. Another trick I learned from my new vew....Dissolve 3 tbsps of back soda in a quart(4 cups) of water. Rinse his feet, or wherever, with a washcloth dipped in the water. He said the water dries and the backing soda coats and soothes the skin. It does help. Not a miracle cure but def helps some!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is driving us nuts right now too with his OCD licking. I wash his feet with witch-hazel and he just licks that off too. I too use Benadryl or Zyrtec. I know he is nuts itching, but it drives me nuts hearing it.

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=649]bubba[/MENTION]sapig That's interesting because I was going to give him a footbath with Johnson's foot soak which I think has baking soda in it ...thanks

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I feel your pain..I too know his feet ate itchy but c'mon after an hour you'd think that tongue needs a break.

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I was having this issue about 1hr after he eats he starts going nuts on his paws for another 1 hr! I thought it was the food and we are almost done with the transistion so well see what happens! I tell him no Bru Bru you gonna hurt yourself and put a peice of cheese in the kong to get his mind off it! lol @ saalwi Let me know how the johnsons foot bath does! Maybe Ill give that a shot too ! Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Warm water and epsom salt.... also wipe their paws when they come in from being outside.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That is when Vegas goes nuts [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], only when he gets in from outside, it is not a food allergy, it is strictly pollen/grass related. I do wipe his feet off and he licks the witch-hazel off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is when Vegas goes nuts @2BullyMama , only when he gets in from outside, it is not a food allergy, it is strictly pollen/grass related. I do wipe his feet off and he licks the witch-hazel off.

Yep -- Banks too.... that is why I do the warm water epsom salt soaks - especially in the spring/fall months --- and when the grass has been cut

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im considering getting some of those bootie things i saw at petco for sarah. she doesnt lick but im wondering if it will help her yeast issues and outdoor allergy issues. i dunno.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Speaking of bully paws...I remember how nice and soft they were when they were babies and first came home...any way to get them nice and soft again????

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hello ... I'm pretty damn close to you ... Grafton (nr Elyria)!!! We've had a pretty wierd winter huh???!!!

So far all my bullys seem ok with the seasonal allergies, although Linus is too young to really know yet. However, my black lab mix ... Bear ... always suffers and will chew at his feet until they bleed. That usually lets up over the winter months because whatever he is allergic to dies off with the frost. Not this year!!!

The best advice I have ever been given is to keep a whole box of sensitive baby wipes by the door and grap and wipe as they come in!!! Somebody also mentioned about using the Lysterine gold mouth wash once a week. It was recommended for interdigital cysts, but also to help with this kind of thing too!!!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My bully does this a lot...he also scratches his ears a lot too..he hasnt had all of his shots so he never goes outside except to the vet and I carry him...what could it be from...food?

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3502]NigelsMom[/MENTION]
Did a 15 minute soak with the Johnson's Foot Soap and he liked it! Imagine a double-sided sink, filled 3 inches up in both basins with the soap, and 2 paws on one side & 2 paws on the other.....had to enertain him for the entire time so he wouldn't lick the water but he was pretty good.... Drained the water and used the sprayer to rinse his feet....oh boy are they soft today and he was definitely more comfortable last night.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
Generally haven't met a dog of any kind that likes boots/socks lol

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
I'm pretty good with wiping feet but need to be more consistent ...and that's interesting about the lysterine, have used it in the past in a 50/50 ratio with water to de-skunk a dog, luckily Schultz hasn't tangled with any skunks in his life....so far...

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]
Allergies are the bane of the bulldog world- foot licking/biting is a symptom of allergies but the allergen could be anything - could be food or just 1 ingredient in the food, a cleaning product, pollen in the air, dust or dust mites, etc...the list is endless ...I'm going to have Schultz tested for allergies end of this month...I know he has them, I know it's going to be a sizable list but it might help me to figure out what I can eliminate to keep him under his threshold of displaying the symptoms.

Thank you everyone for your ideas!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] i know but she will wear them if mama says so :sense::ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online