Blood shot eyes

thomasgrecojr

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Scotch
Hi everyone - you all have been so helpful so far ... this forum is such a great resource for 1st time EB owners. So Scotch had a big weekend - doggy daycare on Friday then our parents (and their 3 dogs) watched him on Saturday. When we picked him up yesterday his eyes were so blood shot. They are normally like that when he is tired - but in his right eye it looks like all of the blood vessels burst and much of the white part of his eye is now a constant dark red (not the normal blood shot from being tired) and really teary.

Has anyone seen this - or know if it is a big worry? Does not look like cherry-eye. Poor little guy was so tired he slept all day yesterday and strait through the night last night.

Thanks!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you have a picture you can post? It could just be irritated from all the playing, or could have been scratched during play??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], either too much play or got scratched or dirt in his eye and got irritated. If not better in a day or two I would take him to the vet and get checked out.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree ! He maybe also could have eat something that he is allergic to! If it doesnt clear up in a day I would take a trip to vet just to make sure no trauma to the eye! Good Luck and keep us posted

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
nothing new to add just wanted to say hope he is ok tomorrow.

OP
thomasgrecojr

thomasgrecojr

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Scotch
Thanx for all of the replies - we actually took him to the vet and they think that he had a pretty hard shot in the eye - poor guy is into everything!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey was just checking to see how it went with Scotch...Did they give you drops to put in?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanx for all of the replies - we actually took him to the vet and they think that he had a pretty hard shot in the eye - poor guy is into everything!!

Good to hear it was nothing serious.... keep us posted

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunnys one eye gets like that sometimes and then goes away and it dosen"t seem to bother him when it happens, Gunny has a doctors appointment next Thursday, I"ll ask him about that.

Most Reactions