Cherry eye surgery

atxbullygirl

Feb 24, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
Has anyon had the surgery where they tuck the gland back into place?

How long is the recovery period for the surgery?

Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know some here have had or will be getting this done... also there is an article on the front page of the forum

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz has had both his eyes done (separately) and I chose to go with resection over the tuck method because the tuck had a 50% reoccurrence rate (plus I really trusted the surgeon). I imagine that the healing time is still about the same, so figure a week or more of special ointment or drops and keeping them in a quieter state of mind and no rubbing or scratching near face/ eyes. My guy, healed up nicely both times and doesn't have the dry eye that is sometimes a by product of the resection method....although he does have a little case of entropy (sp?) which he get daily drops to keep his eyes bright and clear.

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
Teddy had this surgery from 12 weeks for one eye, and 16 weeks the second, so distressing so I know you are nervous. He did fine tho! Had to wear the plastic halo, and have drops, but that was a year ago, and no complications or anything....had a great surgeon here to tho. Good luck and know you are in our prayers! Jill and Chuck Stanton, Rph

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Good morning Sarah,
our Bulldog Sarah :), years ago, had this resection too. It healed really quickly. Later she needed drops to keep her eye wet. This was no problem. Stroke Schultz from me :)
Do you think about a surgery of the entropy too? That means the resection of a very very small strip of skin. So his eye would no longer stressed by eyelashes.

I would like to enjoy more photos of your boy Schultz :)

bb_1980_Stu_SarahBlue.jpg

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie had the pocket tuck method and had no problems at all. It has been almost 2 1/2 years since she had the surgery. full recovery wasn't very long. I think it was about a week of putting ointment in her eyes and after a couple weeks, she was good as new. Both of my dogs had this technique done and no problems with either of them. My grandma used to breed EB's and she always did the pocket technique and I only know of two of her dogs that ever had to have the surgery again. My mom bred cocker spaniels and she always said to do the pocket tuck also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.