BLOOD

elyrig

Feb 16, 2012
SO-CAL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Eddie
I noticed a little bit of blood in Angus soft stool! What can this be caused by? The vet informed us last week that he had a parasite (giardia). We gave him medication for it, and have two wait a few more days to take another sample to see if he's cured! Can that have something to do with the blood???

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
It is possible he may still have the parasite due to the blood! It could also be something else...I am not to familiar with this but others will be here soon to give some good info! Hope the baby feels better soon !

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Giardia is a nasty thing to have and it is not easily cured. I would think that if you still have runny stools with blood you need to get to the vet to try something else. Diaper rash cream will help the sore bum. Sometimes it takes two to three rounds of medicine to finally rid of it. Tagging [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] who has first hand experience with this!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so sorry bout this. i have no knowledge to help but i just wanted to say with be thinking of angus

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... Giardia can/will cause blood in the stool along with mucus. Antibiotics will clear it up in a few days... I worked at a dog daycare and it is common -- Banks had it once or twice

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.