Should I take her to the vet?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Katara again; yesterday morning she threw up her dinner from the night before. Not a lot and it was all partially digested. She was ok all day; night time ate about 50% dinner. This morning refused to eat! This is so not like her. I put the kibble in her mouth and she spits it out. Her nose is moist and cool. She is not guarding and her tummy is soft. Could it be maybe a pre-heat thing or should I be concerned. Maybe she caught a bug somewhere? Ugghh!! What do you guys think?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You're going to get much more experienced advice than mine but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about missing a meal or 2. But if the vomiting continues and she still refuses to eat, I would get her to the doctors tomorrow.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey I agreed with [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] others will probably have better advice! I say if by tommorow things arent better I would bring her in to the vet! hope she feels better soon!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] and @chanelandbrutus. I'm watching her closely cuz last month she scared me pretty bad.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] Awww what happend last month?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
if she due in season they sometimes go off food,i wouldnt bother feeding for a day and just let her rest and wait and see how she goes,she may get stroppy too lol,karen

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i can only tell you what i would do, although ivy is spayed, so i have no idea about behaviour when in heat. i know i personally would take mine to the vet if they refused to eat.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] she aspirated and developed pulmonary edema. Very sick puppy!
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] not sure if she's due in heat, but she's six months old, she's not swollen down there though

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Take her temperature. If it is 102 or above, get her in right away. Also lift her skin, if it stands for even a second she could be dehydrated. Temp is rectal by the way.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
With the history of aspirating and developing a pulmonary edema I totally see your worry...why don't you call the vet and see what they have to say?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
bulldogs can go into season from 6 months but usually its a bit later ,annie didnt come in till 10 months,if shes not swelling then maybe shes caught something,if she cant keep water down in the next few hours i would be getting her checked out as you dont want her getting dehydrated,karen

I

ImAGuinneyPig

At least give the vet a call and they can either tell you what to watch for, or advise you to bring her in. A call doesn't hurt, and it's free! :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think I would take her to the vet to get checked out [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION]. Little Katara's been through a lot health wise so I just wouldn't take any chances. Please keep us informed with how she is doing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.