changes to Natural Balance ?

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
Hello everyone it has been a very long time since we have posted - hope everyone and there babies are doing wonderful..
We have a question.. Our Diesel has been on natural Balance Fish and Sweet potato for a very long time, and done WONDERFUL with it !... however the last 2 weeks, he has had horrid tear stains, runny eyes, and just been not his usual shiny clean self. Does anyone know if Natural Balance has changed anything in there recipe's ? we also wondered if our light Ohio weather has maybe had something to do with it, some of our trees and so forth are starting to bud also, and he does love his play time around them ? any suggestions or comments ?

L

Lucy-licious

Hiya and welcome back :) I am not good with food realted questions due to being over here in the UK...however [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] are pretty well clued up and I'm sure they will be along very soon to help you out :hug: for Diesel and you :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
There are alot of customer complaints about changes in the formula. Does the food seem greasier and smell different?

OP
dozersmom

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
Thank you very much for your quick replies , and yes actually it DOES seem to smell different and be a different texture !... This is so not cool.. i hate to mess with switching his food, when he has done SO well with it, he is smothered in wrinkles and they have always been such a pretty white , however i dont want to see this get any worse ? ! But what if it IS the back yard ? blugh ~ lol here we go .. lol

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we just got lola on NB alpha lamb and a couple other proteins are in there as well. she's still eating (our main issue was lack of interest). but does anyone know if the changes in the food made it worse/less healthy? i'm going to stick with what i've been using so far. lola has really minor tear stains, but no chewing of the toes or hives or anything.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yoo-hoo , oh Sandra.. they need you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
The only change I know of is the proportion of the proteins. Its now Sweet potato and Fish instead of the other way around. I know alot of dogs have not done well with the change. My bullies never did well on it but now even bullies who have eaten it for a long time are having issues. I wonder why they changed the formulas??

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
[MENTION=753]dozersmom[/MENTION] thats what I was talking about..Seems the issue is with the lot that is greasier and smells funny. I had mine on back in august and their pee smelled like cat urine. It was yucky. after reading this im glad I yanked them. Did you read them all?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep dogs are actually dying from eating it..

OP
dozersmom

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
oh my goodness sakes !!!! I am SO NOT HAPPY right now, I honestly dont know what we are going to do, i know several of you have had food issues but with Diesel we didnt and KNEW we were very fortunate, especially with his amount of wrinkles... i am not sure now what we will try .. i just know i will not continue to feed him this and am severely disspointed I know Earthborn has a white fish food maybe we can look into ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oh my goodness sakes !!!! I am SO NOT HAPPY right now, I honestly dont know what we are going to do, i know several of you have had food issues but with Diesel we didnt and KNEW we were very fortunate, especially with his amount of wrinkles... i am not sure now what we will try .. i just know i will not continue to feed him this and am severely disspointed I know Earthborn has a white fish food maybe we can look into ?

Fromm also just came out with a grain free fish ... I think it is called Tunalini ... you could do bland diet till you get a new food and then transition over... at least that is what I would do. No way that food be going in my baby after reading all that information

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep I would do the bland diet and get him off of it immediately especially with the telltale smell and texture.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I just spent almost 50 bucks on a bag of this....JUNK!! Do I keep feeding it or go back to the Iams I still have until I get the allergy panel back? ARGHHHHH!!! I wish I had seen this a week ago!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online