Help with puppy post surgery

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[SUP]My little girl just had surgery for her entropion and now that she is feeling better I'm having a harder time keeping her mellow! I got her the comfy collar so she can relax a little more, but she won't lay still for long unless she is sleeping. This is day 3 after surgery- last night she got a little feisty and her stitches bled just a little, but I don't know how we are going to keep her from playing for the next week! Any suggestions would be very helpful!!!![/SUP]

Attachments

• Ellie 001.jpg
    Ellie 001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i feel your pain...it is so hard to keep them calm after surgery, especially because they can get a little hyper after coming out of the anaesthetic. i don't know what to tell you:(. i had the same problem.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I had the same issue my Brutus was a little older! He has prolapsed urethra procedure as well as netuer. He had 2 sets of stiches and I had to keep him quiet for 2-3 weeks b/c of excessive bleeding from pu proc. well needless to say I tried setting a quiet space in a gated area no good he was tryin to jump over ! didnt work! Had to keep him crate confined and he would come out to eat/drink/go potty most of his time was in the crate (crying crying me not him I was a mess) it was the best thing for him so he could heal up! He spent about 8-10 hrs a day in the crate but he was also on pain meds the whole time so he was pretty dopey! Hope this helps there will be others giving a lot more advice too! They are great here!!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
The crate seems to be the safest place. I know it's hard. I had to do that with Bruin and Lilly after they were altered...it was tough (on me not them)

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Sometimes the crate is necessary to enforce the no-rough stuff....it's tough though....hang in there, dogs in general heal amazingly fast....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crate time or long walks,if weather permits, to work out the energy

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.