Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non-kibble healthy treats

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Toronto, Ontario
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: non-kibble healthy treats

Since Stig despises anything but meat and cheese, his only treats are cheese and dehydrated lung/liver. Punkin will eat anything and usually get whatever fruit I'm eating (except grapes!), cheese, any plain vegetables I've cut up (except onions!).
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: non-kibble healthy treats

Quote Originally Posted by ollieivy View Post
    not at all unpopular....thanks so much for your honesty!! i asked the question because i wanted an answer. they very rarely get any of this stuff, btw. so, you would say no to all the stuff on my list?
    I don't use any food treats for my dogs except for their kibble and ice cubes (I feed kibble which is notoriously low on moisture content, so I always try to encourage them to have lots of water and since my dogs love to chomp on ice cubes, it's perfect!). I only use food-treats when I'm training. But, that's my own principle. I look at the purpose of food treats and just don't find any good enough reason to use them when I can give them similar enjoyment and stimulation out of non-food treats. Make sense? But, of course, you choose to do what you feel is best for your dog.
    Last edited by anatess; 03-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads