Acid Reflux/Gird Issues, any recommedations?

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hello, Hooch has been throwing up for the past month, once or twice a week and its almost always frothy white, no green or yellow tint to it, hes been on the same food for quite sometime now and has been doing well but we are concerned about him throwing up, could he have acid reflux or gird? and if he does what is recommended for that issue? will a vet put him on an acid controller? Have any of you had this issue with your bully?

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
This may not help but whenever my dogs vomit yellow or yellowish green, it's the "hunger pukes" because their stomach is empty and all the acid is slushing around. This is normal on raw food because it digests quicker than kibble. We stopped this by feeding a biscuit before bed.

Is he puking right after feeding or long after?
Good luck on your search for answers!!

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Sounds like to much phlem have u tried benedryl I might try that for Acouple days and then maybe acid controller neither one should hurt I had a bully that would puke her food daily if she drank right after we had to put her on a acid controller for a month

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pepcid 20-30 mins before a meal and ask your vet for a full blood screen allergy test -- he may be allergic to something in the food.

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Meatball had issues in am and it was the need for food. Before bed we give a little food to him a so far so good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
This may not help but whenever my dogs vomit yellow or yellowish green, it's the "hunger pukes" because their stomach is empty and all the acid is slushing around. This is normal on raw food because it digests quicker than kibble. We stopped this by feeding a biscuit before bed.

Is he puking right after feeding or long after?
Good luck on your search for answers!!
agree could be hunger puke,try more frequent small feeds,karen

C

Cooper11

Cooper is going through something similar! Although Coop was throwing up everyday, then every other day, then a couple times a week. Would be his whole meal or the yellow stuff. Could be 4 hours after he ate, right after he ate, or in the mornings. My vet suggested feeding him like 10 pieces of kibble right before we went to bed so he had something in his tummy, if you are thinking acid reflex..... Some also suggested to me a rice cake right before bed also. I have had Coop on meds for acid reflex. Once I think something is helping he starts throwing up again! I only wish his was just just the white fluffy stuff :). I was thinking maybe allergies also...... is he eating grass? That is a sign of tummy troubles too? Nothing I tried for Cooper worked or it would work for 2 days and then he would start the throwing up again. He is on an all veggie diet right now and this is the best he has looked in a month I am waiting to to get the fromm i just ordered I am hoping his is just a food allergy. If this fails then back to the vet we go to check the intestines and other the other tummy stuff! :(

C

Cooper11

How old is your bully? Cooper is almost 8 months and he was perfectly healthy no problems what so ever then a month ago he started the throwing up and it has just been going down hill from there! :(

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How old is your bully? Cooper is almost 8 months and he was perfectly healthy no problems what so ever then a month ago he started the throwing up and it has just been going down hill from there! :(

what food do you use and have you changed since the throwing up started?

I was just going to reply that Cutty was on I think the fish type of TOTW years back and started regurgitating. It was more than a reg throw up. I tried feeding earlier before bed cuz usually he would wake up in the night and do it in bed. We switched foods and it stopped. No idea on what it was that caused it cause he has been on many diff foods for whatever reason and that was the only one to do that. As for the acid reflux.. I just saw on Dr. Oz that apple cider vinegar everyday helps with acid reflux. I think it was 2 tbsp in water for us so just throw some in the water and maybe that will help? It is so good for so many other things it doesn't surprise me.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.