lous alittle young to have a bald spot... help

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
So I'm here at work and my wife says. Lou dog has a blad spot on the top of his head about the size of the end of a q tip. Cause for concern? She also said the skin looks dry and you can only see it when he looks down. Anything comments?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
When my Stig had bald spots it was due to mange, which is not uncommon for bulldogs. I would have the vet do a scrape test and see if it is that. But some other members will chime in and share their experience, if you'd like to wait a little. :)

Rochelle Crownover

Oct 13, 2011
Our bullies are getting over a nasty case of ringworm, thats how ours started little bald spots. Definately something to keep an eye on, its a real pain to get rid of.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

I don't have any experience with bald spots, so nothing to add there. But the vet is a good place to start if, like other members mentioned, it could be mange or a fungal infection.

OP
L

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
He got shots last Friday and is bathed 1 a week so Idk I will call the vet tomorrow

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He got shots last Friday and is bathed 1 a week so Idk I will call the vet tomorrow

Is it dry/flaky? If yes, it could be a staph infection.. common and can be treated with antibiotics.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Demodex mange usually starts on the head in little spots like that. Bo had it. It's common. Not a big deal. I'd get a skin scrape to find out. Don't wait to treat because you can nip it in the bud.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh man Samson had the same thing you are describing And it started as a little bald spot on his head that you could only see when looking at it from a certain way. I put vitamin e oil(just broke open a capsule) on It a couple times a day and it went away. However more spots apeared on his back by his but, they didn't bother him or itch or anything. The skin even turned dark, it was treated with antibiotics over the course of a month. Hope this helps!! Oh, I guess I should mention it was called pyrodema(sp) lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.