Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Has anyone had experience with having a dog with Phlegm in their throat? My dog is "gurgling" and its obvious that there is alot of Phlegm in the back of the throat that can not be cleared. All the hacking does not seem to clear out the phlegm. Can anyone offer any suggestions ?

Thanks.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Squirt lemon juice in his throat. It'll clear it right away!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Then is it in the back of his throat or his lungs? Call your vet and see what they say, cuz lemon juice always worked for me.

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Back of the throat, you can hear it "gurgling" in his throat ........I guess I'm gonna have to take him into the VET.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie usually starts to do this at this time of the year ... seems to get a build up of phlegm especially at night or any other time when she's been asleep for a few hours. Then she will often vomit/cough up this phlegm with a tiny bit of whatever food she had the night before. We've been to the vets for the last couple of years and always come home with antibiotics and acid-reducer for her stomach. I've never been totaly convinced that all these things helped - my personal feeling (and I'm no vet!!!!) is that it's something to do with us going into the fall. We're in north-east ohio so right now we have incredible humidity which I don't think helps. I'm hoping that the change of food and the salmon oil we are giving her will boost her immune system so that we don't have to go through the whole congested bit again this year. Hope that makes sense!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Has your vet ever checked your dogs soft palet.... Chesty had this problem hacking, bringing up phlegm....all the time.... when we first went in to meet our vet and to have him meet our bulldogs, the vet said to us... he (Chesty) has a soft palet that hangs down to far, and his nose opening is to small, and if we wanted to prolong his life we would have his soft palet removed and his nose drilled out. well we did and Chesty has not ever hacked or brought up phlegm since..... it was wonderful .... his litter mate was not to lucky and they didn't know about a surgery to help and lost him at 18 months of age.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.