BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Update:

Vet said he's still sick and could possibly have mild pneumonia :(

He is in my care now and the vet was feeding him all day and said he was able to keep his food down but he did throw up a little once at one point between 8am and 8pm...

He has to go back tomorrow all day and if he doesn't see any improvement then he may have to be hospitalized over the weekend. I'm really scared and at the end of this im going to try to get the pet store to reimburse me some how if not with my job I can easily report him and maybe have them do a surprise inspection of some kind. If he keeps selling sick dogs im going to do my best to fine him and get him sanctioned. This cant go on...I dont want to lose Dozer because ill lose my mind. My mom is a lawyer so we will see what legal options we could take. Ill keep you guys posted.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm so sorry Dozer is sick, I feel very bad for you and hope the vet can get him well, in the mean time prayers of strength for you and Dozer. :pray: open up arms , here comes the hug :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: Vet said he's still sick and could possibly have mild pneumonia :(

He is in my care now and the vet was feeding him all day and said he was able to keep his food down but he did throw up a little once at one point between 8am and 8pm...

He has to go back tomorrow all day and if he doesn't see any improvement then he may have to be hospitalized over the weekend. I'm really scared and at the end of this im going to try to get the pet store to reimburse me some how if not with my job I can easily report him and maybe have them do a surprise inspection of some kind. If he keeps selling sick dogs im going to do my best to fine him and get him sanctioned. This cant go on...I dont want to lose Dozer because ill lose my mind. My mom is a lawyer so we will see what legal options we could take. Ill keep you guys posted.

:hug: Sorry this is all happening to your baby... please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help/support getting some justice done toward the pet store.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
You and Dozer are in my thoughts. Get well soon little guy.

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Update:

Just got Dozer from the vet. He was there all day and they took another x-ray. The inflammation in his lungs is a little better and he isnt throwing up as much or as bad from when this started. The vet said he thinks he is beating it and will be home with me all day tomorrow. Then on Sunday he wants him to come back for a follow up..I already took the day off from work on Monday. I just hope I am able to put all of this behind us and he can recover...he gave me quite a scare but were not out of the wood just yet. Once again thank you everyone for your warm thoughts and prayers. I take great pleasure in knowing I have this community to back me up!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope he continues to get better quick!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update:

Just got Dozer from the vet. He was there all day and they took another x-ray. The inflammation in his lungs is a little better and he isnt throwing up as much or as bad from when this started. The vet said he thinks he is beating it and will be home with me all day tomorrow. Then on Sunday he wants him to come back for a follow up..I already took the day off from work on Monday. I just hope I am able to put all of this behind us and he can recover...he gave me quite a scare but were not out of the wood just yet. Once again thank you everyone for your warm thoughts and prayers. I take great pleasure in knowing I have this community to back me up!

Is he home with you now? How is he doing?

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Is he home with you now? How is he doing?

He cant keep his food down. He throws up right after he's done eating. He does this about 80% of the time...I'm exhausted. There doesn't seem to be any end in sight and he does have mild pnemonia. It's incredibly heart breaking this is my first dog ever and I don't think I could go through this again...it's so sad seeing him look at his spot for food only to eat it and throw it up. Doctor said there is nothing he can do and he can't go on IV. There Has been a ton of crying going on in this house for the past few days. I'm so angry lowlife people abuse and neglect great dogs and they aren't sick! I have nothing but love and kindness to give and we get a dog who very likely may die.

The saying is true: good people finish last

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He cant keep his food down. He throws up right after he's done eating. He does this about 80% of the time...I'm exhausted. There doesn't seem to be any end in sight and he does have mild pnemonia. It's incredibly heart breaking this is my first dog ever and I don't think I could go through this again...it's so sad seeing him look at his spot for food only to eat it and throw it up. Doctor said there is nothing he can do and he can't go on IV. There Has been a ton of crying going on in this house for the past few days. I'm so angry lowlife people abuse and neglect great dogs and they aren't sick! I have nothing but love and kindness to give and we get a dog who very likely may die.

Good GOD --- I am so sorry. This is so heart breaking for all of you -- I wish there were something I could do to help in some way. I do not remember, but are you giving him a bland diet (ground beef or chicken with rice)?

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Good GOD --- I am so sorry. This is so heart breaking for all of you -- I wish there were something I could do to help in some way. I do not remember, but are you giving him a bland diet (ground beef or chicken with rice)?

We tried that he didn't eat it and when he did be threw it up. Vet gave us their food which is a type of bland diet and he loves it he just throws it up. My hopes were up he seemed better bc he wasnt vomiting for a day or so...my heart is truly in pieces right now he's soooooo good and his personality is great. He's the perfect dog!! I really wish this wasn't happening to us..:(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We tried that he didn't eat it and when he did be threw it up. Vet gave us their food which is a type of bland diet and he loves it he just throws it up. My hopes were up he seemed better bc he wasnt vomiting for a day or so...my heart is truly in pieces right now he's soooooo good and his personality is great. He's the perfect dog!! I really wish this wasn't happening to us..:(

Did the vet give any indication if Dozer could beat it?

Most Reactions