Thread: Coughing & Throwup

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coughing & Throwup

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Holy crap. I don't know how I missed this thread. I am so happy that Dozer is getting better - he is right?

I also hope that you take some kind of legal action with that pet store. They need to stop getting pups from lowlife puppy mills or backyard breeder idiots (or whatever they're doing) and they need to be held accountable for what's occurred here; even if that just means negative press. Mom being a lawyer is just toooooo awesome to not take advantage of. Even small claims court can be painful for them. Do you have a guy on TV like we do here in Seattle? "Get Jesse" is a guy who helps people out that have been wronged and then the whole thing ends up on TV. There's another idea for you. I am a "Yelper" - so I always start there.....

Right now, you're focused on Dozer - of course. As it should be.
    Dozer so far is doing better. It has been a few days since I last checked in on this thread, and he has been holding down his food. His energy is back to normal and he hasnt puked. We are going to the vet tonight for a followup and to take some more X-rays. I hope the vet has good news for us tonight. Although, after researching puppies with pnemonia the stories almost always go something like this...

"Puppy gets sick, we go to vet, vet gives us some medicine and advice, we heed that advice, puppy gets better, and then a week or two later the puppy passes away out of no where". I

really hope I dont fall into that category, I would be destoryed if something happened to my buddy I'm trying to stay positive though!

We most def will be taking them to court. I already spoke with the Chief prosecutor of Animal Cruelty at my agency about the pet store and they will be visiting him sometime this week for a surpise inspection...hopefully he gets fined. We are building a case against them as we speak, and will be reaching out to other people who bought sick dogs from this pet store. He already has a "F" rating by the BBB, and has been in and out of court over various issues concerning his business for the past 20 years. He has no idea who he is up against, I'm pretty much the Chuck Norris of animal rights at this point.

Next step is to reach out to my contact at the USDA in Washington D.C (once she gets back from vacation) and have her look into the puppy mill Dozer came from. Maybe we can do something about them, even if its just a surprise inspection and/or fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Saalwi View Post
    Sending continued prayers for Dozer and you....and you might want to put the Bengay in a different cupboard from the toothpaste, just in case....lol
    Thanks so much! And I threw the Bengay away in my frustration so that wont be happening again lololol
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-08-2012 at 09:27 AM.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post

"Puppy gets sick, we go to vet, vet gives us some medicine and advice, we heed that advice, puppy gets better, and then a week or two later the puppy passes away out of no where". I

really hope I dont fall into that category, I would be destoryed if something happened to my buddy I'm trying to stay positive though!

No no no. That isn't going to happen. Those pups you read about didn't have the army of prayer warriors that Dozer has. He is going to recover and give you YEARS of mess to clean up
    Last edited by Twice; 03-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

@BrooklynStar how is Dozer doing?

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    @BrooklynStar how is Dozer doing?
    Yes I was wondering also how its going with little Dozer?
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

so far so good. he hasnt threw up and i havnt heard him cough at all. we went to the vet on thursday night and he said that dozer is better and wants to see us back there next saturday. hopefully by then he will be all better and then maybe soon thereafter we can get his last shot so we can start taking him outside...i hope this is the last of this illness but today he woke up with cherry eye...the swelling has gone down but idk if it will come back. my heart is breaking for this little guy i feel like it is always something at this point =[

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

-img_0386-jpgWell I am glad he is gettig better as far as cough ad vomittig!!!! Take a picture if you can! Brutus was about 4 1/2 months old and we woke up and it was a little swollen we left it alone by the next morning it was gone! HAsnt come back since (knocking on wood)

Here is a pic!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

so far so good. he hasnt threw up and i havnt heard him cough at all. we went to the vet on thursday night and he said that dozer is better and wants to see us back there next saturday. hopefully by then he will be all better and then maybe soon thereafter we can get his last shot so we can start taking him outside...i hope this is the last of this illness but today he woke up with cherry eye...the swelling has gone down but idk if it will come back. my heart is breaking for this little guy i feel like it is always something at this point =[
    poor little bully and Mama..... hope he continues to improve. Cherry eye is not painful at all... just a gland that pops out of place. There is an article here under health forum.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Some pics =]

Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my look at that face!

As much as I try to avoid pet stores that sell dogs, I'm really glad that you found him and took him in. He needed help quickly, and he was not getting it from the pet store owner that's for sure. Still praying for the day when you say that he has a clean bill of health and playing outside like a puppy should.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Some pics =]

OH I LOVE freckled ears! so cute. His right eye looks red, but not like cherry eye? Is that the eye having issues
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    OH I LOVE freckled ears! so cute. His right eye looks red, but not like cherry eye? Is that the eye having issues
    That's the eye that had the cherry eye like inflammation it has went away though. I'm guessing it's red because it was inflamed.
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-12-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Oh my look at that face!

As much as I try to avoid pet stores that sell dogs, I'm really glad that you found him and took him in. He needed help quickly, and he was not getting it from the pet store owner that's for sure. Still praying for the day when you say that he has a clean bill of health and playing outside like a puppy should.
    Thanks! I'm so happy I took him in too, I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Remove Ads