Thread: A Very Sick Little Girl.. :/

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Kikiwhoa21's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicky! :)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy A Very Sick Little Girl.. :/

This is not a very happy post.. :/ My bf woke up for work at 6am and woke me up to a not so great surprise. Our poor little Faithy girl threw upp EVERYWHERE!! I was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the new carpet for hours!! I still can't get the stains out.. Any suggestion? Besides the stains I'm truly a bit worried. She doesn't wanna get up && walk around. She just layes there && sleep. So I made her a manzania (a tea from a plant that helps tummy aches) She drank it all without any hesitations. Then I picked her up && carried her outside to pee since she didnt even wanna get up. Afterwards I layed her in bed with me && we slept for about two hours when she started throwing up again all over the bed. I clened that upp and descided to feed Chelios so I fed him, but the weird thing is once faith heard the bag of food she jumped off the bed and walked over so she can get her feeding too. So that must be a good sign if she hasnt lost her appittiate. I just fed her a little bit since she hasn't been holding anything down. She ate a bit, didnt even finish the little i gave her in her bowl. But she was downing the water like she hadn't drank in years! I'm assuming she's probably dehydrated.. But right after she drank water she walked to the kitchen and threw upp the water. :/ && here we are now. I'm super worried on whats wrong with her. If things dont get better we'll probably have to take her to the vet or hospital tonight. But I do truly hope she feels better soon tho. My heart aches to see her like this.. She's not the happy hyper little girl we know. Booo! (
    .Peace.Love.&&.Bullies.<3

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Very Sick Little Girl.. :/

Oh no!!!!! I would think you should take her in if she is not keeping anything down. Pinch the skin on the back of her neck- the really loose stuff. If it does not FLOP back down she is dehydrated (internally)

Pedialyte- maybe to help. I dunno. I think I would just take her to the vet, especially if it continues. She may have eating or swallowed something bad.

Has she been eating grass?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Desert! I'll pinch her right now.. As for taking her in to a vet i'm car less at the moment until le boyfriend gets off of work in a few hours. Once he gets home we'll see hows she doing if she's held her food down && go from..
    But yea when I took her out to pee all she wanted to do was eat the grass.. :/

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like she ate something. Pedialyte works great. Years ago, when this happened to Abby, My vet told me to only give her ice cubes. She will lick them slow to get water (too fast will upset her belly) Believe it or not, he told me for 24 hours. He said she needed to pass what ever it was and shut down her system, the re-start it. I froze Pedialyte into cubes and that is all she got for 24 hours. I watched her very carefully and she was fine after 24 hours.

Can you call your vet? I might save you on ER charges. If you have a great relationship, the vet may just talk you through it over the phone.

Always with me

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Bella's Mommy! I have a feeling she did eat something bad.. Cuz that little nuggets eats && gets into everything. I'm ganna try Pedialyte && see if it works. Cuz thats exactly why i didnt let he drink all the water she wanted, cuz she was drinking it so fast && I was afraid it would upset her tummy more. && I think it did. She just threw up the little food she ate. :/ But I called my bf to bring pedialytes on the way home. So i'm deff going to give that a try! Thanks again Desert & Bella'sMom!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww poor Faith! I hope she feels better soon! When Samson gets sick to his stomach and starts throwing up multiple times I give him pedialyte too. Helps alot.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

This happened to me once as well with Bentley. Sometimes, they do get tummy aches - just like us. And like, us they just want to lay around, not eat, and sleep it off. Like the others have said, it is important to keep her as hydrated as possible but I would probably hold off on the ER vet (unless your gut tells you something is very wrong) because it could just be something she ate or a bug and she will get over it on her own.

Also, consider a boiled diet once she appears a bit better - boiled hamburger or chicken and rice - but let the gut empty and settle before you offer more food.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Oh poor little Faith! I hope it's nothing serious and she's feeling good again soon!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Everyone!! We went out && bought some pedialyte. We've been slowly giving her that && so far so good. She hasnt thrown that upp so thats a good sign! We decided to hold off on the doctor till tomorrow.. If she's not better by tomorrow we're ganna take her in. But keep your fingers crossed that it wont be necessary && she'll be better by tomorrow! Hope!!
    I'm going to deff try a boiled diet once her tummy settles for a few days. Thanks Jillh! Do you just boild it all together like a soup && give it to them just thr broth? or just the chicken && rice like a little meal?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

For us, we boiled the chicken and boiled the rice and fed them together. They call it a bland diet. It helps put their digestive system back on track. As for the grass eating...Besides Chesty and Orion, does anybody have a bully that LIKES grass? We always have to pull grass out of O's mouth. She likes to pull it up, prance with it and eat it. Sometimes it makes her throw up, sometimes she passes it. Her daddy (Chesty) is a grass freak. He seems to just like to pull it up out of the ground.
    Last edited by Libra926; 08-23-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Libra! I'll do that, cook seperatly!

Faith is a grass eater! She's always tryin to play, lick, && eat it! I thought it was good for their tummys tho?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We've had this with Maggie SO many times. If it continues I would definitely say you need to get to the vets. When we first got Maggie, it was our first bulldog, and it took a couple of visits to the vets to finally work out that there were certain things we could do at home before we ended up spending $$$$$$ at the vets.

As soon as Maggie shows signs of an upset stomach...... from either end ...... we immediately switch her to boiled WHITE rice (has to be white not brown or wild) and stirred in a tiny bit (about quarter to half a cup) of the best soft canned food we could get our hands on. After about one or two days she was back to normal.

This happens occasionally, for no apparent reason, so we keep a supply of Peddigree canned food and white rice in the cupboard!!! Obviously, cooking some chicken and mixing it up with the rice is better but the pedigree can and the white rice is our emergency pack - available at any minute!!!

Hope she feels better soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads