Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Last year we had a tomato plant growing and Vegas was trying to eat the fruit off the plant. Instead of biting the tomato off, he got part of the branch. It made him real "poopie". We had to feed him the boil white rice and boiled chicken. It took him several days to get back to normal. Hope she is doing great this morning!

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Morning Everyone! Thanks everyone for your kind wishes && concerns! We gave her pedialyte all yesterday && by the end of the night she was looking a bit better. At least we got a little bit more activity && little booty wiggles from her. But when we woke up this moring she had thrown up Again and was back to just sleeping && laying there.. :/ So we're still givin her frozen ice cubed pedialyte cuz she doesn't wanna drink it. && We're ganna try a small amount of chicken && rice for lunch to see how she holds that down. Cuz poor little girl hasn't eaten since Saturday.. It's weird tho cuz when I go to feed Chelios && she hears that food bag open she rushes, gets all happy && wants to eat. But once she eats it an hour later it'll come right back up. Ayye ya ayyye! I can only pray today will get better with her if not then we'll deff have to take her in. I just dont know how long to give her before I should take her in..? I want her to get better, but I just dont have much money to take her to get charged hundreds of dollars. So im praying she just ate something bad && it'll pass && hopefully it's nothing too serious!

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
My gosh, how is she today!?!?!? This is scary, I hope she is doing better! I agree she must have gotten ahold of something to make it come on so strong and fast. Last time my pug was like this it was due to some corn cobb he got ahold of. Thankfully he was able to throw it up but that is nasty stuff in their tummy and can cause a blockage if their body tries to pass it even. Figure even a pit from a fruit could be in there and cause this? There are so many poisonous plants also it is hard to keep up with them all but I would look around your backyard and see what she could have eaten. I know tomato and avocado plants are poisonous. The bulb of the sego plant also is although my boys would never think to go near that one thankfully. Oh and yes my boys eat gras occasionally also but I alwasy asociate that with a tummy ache although I could be wrong there. They do like to eat lots of plants also.

No Backyard. We live in an Apt && just have a small little grassy area && thats about it. But this little girl just eates EVERYTHING!! I try && keep my eyes on her at ALL times when we go out cuz she will anything! She'll eat paper, licks the concreat, litterally everything. When she threw up yesterday I found a sticker in her throw up :X So maybe she just got sneaky && got a hold of something. That little girl is something else, a handful.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This is a tough one. I have freaked out about this once. After 2 days of not keeping anything down I rushed Samson to the hospital. 24 hours in the emergency vet, lots of tests and $1000 later there was no answer. Could not find a single thing wrong with him. Sent him home with instructions of a bland diet, boiled boneless skinless chicken breast, white rice and cottage cheese. He was fine after that. Samson lives a sheltered life. He is an inside dog by choice, he wants to be where we are. My house is puppy proof and I can pretty much be sure if he's puking it's probably just because he isn't feeling well, not because he ate anything crazy. So what I do is start with Pedialyte. He doesn't really like to drink it on his own. I have to give it to him with a medicine dropper. It's not a struggle like I'm forcing it down his throat, but unless I do that he won't just drink it. They get so dehydrated from throwing up and if I allow him to he will drink a bunch of water, makes him too full, pukes again, nasty cycle you know? So I actually pick up the water bowl and just give him pedialyte for like the first day. Same with food, she is probably really hungry but unless it's a small amount of food she will probably get too full and throw it up. Imagine the times you've had the flu and have thrown up for days. Doesn't take much to make you full after that right? So I start with like 1/4 cup of food. Wait for a while to make sure she keeps it down. Feed in small amounts. The boiled chicken/rice idea is perfect. So thats what I do, pedialyte, limit food and water. So if you are sure she hasn't eaten anything crazy (like rat poison versus just like some paper) or something I would give it a little time. This happens to Samson maybe a couple times a year, last time was 4th of July weekend. He was sick for like 2 days but with my routine above he healed up just fine.

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I hope all is going better for you, great advice on feeding her while she is throwing up!! As far as the stains...I found that getting Oxy-Clean, making a thick paste, put on to the spots, rub it in real good, let it sit overnight if you can while they are in bed (My Vegas would probably eat it, lol) , then vacuum in the morning, it has gotten many stains out of my carpets. Good luck with both!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Awe poor thing, I agree with Tessa's idea on how to go about this. I would put the dog food up and go with the rice and chicken for now. Usually when one boy is sick here they both get that as a treat so maybe just feed them both this for a day or so? I also say if your gut says to go to the vets then go, always listen to your gut but if you feel it is just a flu not much we can do but hang in there. Hope it passes soon. As for getting into things, what about in your apt? Have you eaten any fruit with pits or anyting like that that she may have gotten? No corn right? The corn my pup ate was actually dropped on the floor by my 1 yr old and we didnt know. We found him with it and thought he hadnt got anything off but it ended up being a small 1/2 inch piece that was in his tummy and lasted for a while before he did throw it up. He was sick a lot at first but then is was just a more random throwing up. Kept waiting to see how he was acting if he was bad or not and he wasnt aside from the random puking. Then about 1 1/2 weeks later he did finally throw up the piece. It was amazing that something so little could do that much to him and then after I realized how lucky we were that his body didnt try to pass it and get blocked.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hey Everyone! Sorry, I havent been online in a few days.. Goodnews is Faith is 100% better! :D By the third day she was starting to be herself agin && holding food down. Right after she got better I got sick! I Was sick in bed for 2 days throwing up! :X Must of been a bug or something.. but we're finally all better now! thanks everyone for the help && conserns! :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.