A Very Sick Little Girl.. :/

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
This is not a very happy post.. :/ My bf woke up for work at 6am and woke me up to a not so great surprise. Our poor little Faithy girl threw upp EVERYWHERE!! :eek: I was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the new carpet for hours!! I still can't get the stains out.. Any suggestion? Besides the stains I'm truly a bit worried. She doesn't wanna get up && walk around. She just layes there && sleep. So I made her a manzania (a tea from a plant that helps tummy aches) She drank it all without any hesitations. Then I picked her up && carried her outside to pee since she didnt even wanna get up. Afterwards I layed her in bed with me && we slept for about two hours when she started throwing up again all over the bed. I clened that upp and descided to feed Chelios so I fed him, but the weird thing is once faith heard the bag of food she jumped off the bed and walked over so she can get her feeding too. So that must be a good sign if she hasnt lost her appittiate. I just fed her a little bit since she hasn't been holding anything down. She ate a bit, didnt even finish the little i gave her in her bowl. But she was downing the water like she hadn't drank in years! I'm assuming she's probably dehydrated.. But right after she drank water she walked to the kitchen and threw upp the water. :/ && here we are now. I'm super worried on whats wrong with her. If things dont get better we'll probably have to take her to the vet or hospital tonight. But I do truly hope she feels better soon tho. My heart aches to see her like this.. She's not the happy hyper little girl we know. Booo! :((

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no!!!!! I would think you should take her in if she is not keeping anything down. Pinch the skin on the back of her neck- the really loose stuff. If it does not FLOP back down she is dehydrated (internally)

Pedialyte- maybe to help. I dunno. I think I would just take her to the vet, especially if it continues. She may have eating or swallowed something bad.

Has she been eating grass?

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks Desert! I'll pinch her right now.. As for taking her in to a vet i'm car less at the moment until le boyfriend gets off of work in a few hours. :( Once he gets home we'll see hows she doing if she's held her food down && go from.. :(
But yea when I took her out to pee all she wanted to do was eat the grass.. :/

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Sounds like she ate something. Pedialyte works great. Years ago, when this happened to Abby, My vet told me to only give her ice cubes. She will lick them slow to get water (too fast will upset her belly) Believe it or not, he told me for 24 hours. He said she needed to pass what ever it was and shut down her system, the re-start it. I froze Pedialyte into cubes and that is all she got for 24 hours. I watched her very carefully and she was fine after 24 hours.

Can you call your vet? I might save you on ER charges. If you have a great relationship, the vet may just talk you through it over the phone.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks Bella's Mommy! I have a feeling she did eat something bad.. Cuz that little nuggets eats && gets into everything. I'm ganna try Pedialyte && see if it works. Cuz thats exactly why i didnt let he drink all the water she wanted, cuz she was drinking it so fast && I was afraid it would upset her tummy more. && I think it did. She just threw up the little food she ate. :/ But I called my bf to bring pedialytes on the way home. So i'm deff going to give that a try! Thanks again Desert & Bella'sMom!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww poor Faith! I hope she feels better soon! When Samson gets sick to his stomach and starts throwing up multiple times I give him pedialyte too. Helps alot.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This happened to me once as well with Bentley. Sometimes, they do get tummy aches - just like us. And like, us they just want to lay around, not eat, and sleep it off. Like the others have said, it is important to keep her as hydrated as possible but I would probably hold off on the ER vet (unless your gut tells you something is very wrong) because it could just be something she ate or a bug and she will get over it on her own.

Also, consider a boiled diet once she appears a bit better - boiled hamburger or chicken and rice - but let the gut empty and settle before you offer more food.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks Everyone!! We went out && bought some pedialyte. We've been slowly giving her that && so far so good. She hasnt thrown that upp so thats a good sign! We decided to hold off on the doctor till tomorrow.. If she's not better by tomorrow we're ganna take her in. But keep your fingers crossed that it wont be necessary && she'll be better by tomorrow! Hope!! :)
I'm going to deff try a boiled diet once her tummy settles for a few days. Thanks Jillh! Do you just boild it all together like a soup && give it to them just thr broth? or just the chicken && rice like a little meal?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
For us, we boiled the chicken and boiled the rice and fed them together. They call it a bland diet. It helps put their digestive system back on track. As for the grass eating...Besides Chesty and Orion, does anybody have a bully that LIKES grass? We always have to pull grass out of O's mouth. She likes to pull it up, prance with it and eat it. Sometimes it makes her throw up, sometimes she passes it. Her daddy (Chesty) is a grass freak. He seems to just like to pull it up out of the ground.

Last edited:
OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks Libra! I'll do that, cook seperatly! :)

Faith is a grass eater! She's always tryin to play, lick, && eat it! I thought it was good for their tummys tho?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We've had this with Maggie SO many times. If it continues I would definitely say you need to get to the vets. When we first got Maggie, it was our first bulldog, and it took a couple of visits to the vets to finally work out that there were certain things we could do at home before we ended up spending $$$$$$ at the vets.

As soon as Maggie shows signs of an upset stomach...... from either end ...... we immediately switch her to boiled WHITE rice (has to be white not brown or wild) and stirred in a tiny bit (about quarter to half a cup) of the best soft canned food we could get our hands on. After about one or two days she was back to normal.

This happens occasionally, for no apparent reason, so we keep a supply of Peddigree canned food and white rice in the cupboard!!! Obviously, cooking some chicken and mixing it up with the rice is better but the pedigree can and the white rice is our emergency pack - available at any minute!!!

Hope she feels better soon!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Hope she is feeling better real soon.... Pedialyte is real good for them, I even give it to Cadi when she became a new momma, Just a little boost. the boiled chicken and rice are good for them like Libra said when they start to eat again...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
How is she doing this morning? I have been thinking about her all day. I hope she is up and feeling better.

About grass eating, Both Bella and Abby eat grass and other plants. Living in Fl we have bamboo and Abby loves to chew on that!!! I always yell at her and say "you're not a panda" My suggestion, if you have a yard and a lot of plants, go online and review all the plants/Grasses that are poisonous and be aware when you let her out. There are some that are surprising.

Let us know how she is.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gosh, how is she today!?!?!? This is scary, I hope she is doing better! I agree she must have gotten ahold of something to make it come on so strong and fast. Last time my pug was like this it was due to some corn cobb he got ahold of. Thankfully he was able to throw it up but that is nasty stuff in their tummy and can cause a blockage if their body tries to pass it even. Figure even a pit from a fruit could be in there and cause this? There are so many poisonous plants also it is hard to keep up with them all but I would look around your backyard and see what she could have eaten. I know tomato and avocado plants are poisonous. The bulb of the sego plant also is although my boys would never think to go near that one thankfully. Oh and yes my boys eat gras occasionally also but I alwasy asociate that with a tummy ache although I could be wrong there. They do like to eat lots of plants also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online