Anyone use Nupro Supplement?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I searched it in the forums and can't find too many mentions of it. Bruin has some hair loss, still, and it comes and goes. Right now he has some on his sides, which I'm thinking might be some sort of alopecia?? Sometimes he has round circles of hair loss on his back. Since going to the vet and being put on antibiotics (again) the itching, ear gunk and paw redness calmed down, some hair is coming back. He's been off the antibiotics for 11 days and his left front paw is really red and had some blood on it this morning. He's been licking it the past couple days. Obviously something is back. The vet didn't feel as though it was a food allergy. I really don't know what I think, since he's on NVI LID Lamb and his treats are the NVI lamb, so there's not a lot that he could be allergic too. Friday night, around the time the paw licking started again, I gave him a tiny slice of carrot and a little piece of zucchini. I really didn't think either of those would do anything, what do you think?....I was thinking maybe nupro could help boost his immune system in case it actually wasn't a food allergy. Has anyone had good results? Bad results? No difference?

thanks

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I was given a couple of Sample packets of NUPRO.
When mixed with water, it actually smelled appetizing ...
Each packet only lasted 4 meals so needless to say, it was too short a time for any possible effects to be seen.
I will say that it made him hundry for more.....

Good luck with the hair loss......

I feel Bruin's pain .! :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you had blood allergy test done on Bruin? Everything you mention sounds like reactions to an allergen.... I know a Cane Corse and a Pitbull that are allergic to carrots.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Interesting...I would have never thought of carrots....well if Bruin is allergic to carrots, there goes trying earthborn. I'm going to call my vet right now to see how much a test is and most likely schedule it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.