has it been sap all along??

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie is allowed to play on the grass in our garden and to be honest as shes been itchy for the last few months we never paid much attention to her in the garden ,well yesterday she was in the garden for a good hour with my husband,after she came in she started bolting around,jumping all over the couches,barking,rolling around and laying down but then jumping up so quickly to scratch i thought she had a flea,i put the light on as it was just turning dusk so quite dull in the lounge and she was covered in hives and i mean covered,her face was swelling up and she was just going bonkers,she had antihistamines which calmed her down and sudocrem on the lumps i could get too ,this morning at 2am shes in the kitchen wrecking the place ,more of the same treatment and shes fine,i asked my husband what she was doing in the garden ,he said rolling around beneath the connifer trees and rubbing up against them!!!,i know that the sap from theses trees is very bed for these dogs but my what a reaction,im thinking now that this may have been annie problem all along but obviously the reaction has been mild up until now?or as she is on the garden a lot its been building up in her system ,quite scary really,karen

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor girl, so now she won't be playing in the garden anymore.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg karen wow. ive had that with sarah and it scares the crap outa me. well gosh wouldnt that be great if annie didnt itch no more at all. if you have figured it out. :D

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
omg karen wow. ive had that with sarah and it scares the crap outa me. well gosh wouldnt that be great if annie didnt itch no more at all. if you have figured it out. :D
it would be great if its just the sap,she was a real mess ,she also keeps throwing up !!poor girl she looks terrible im just waiting for the runs to start, my husband has just phoned to see if she is ok and he said she had been eating the branches too ,doesnt help that i think shes comming into season as shes scrapping the floors ,the garden is off limits now ,which is a shame as she just sits on a garden chair staring at the grass and trees ,karen

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I do hope, although she enjoys the garden, that you finally found one of her major triggers. If so it should help her in the long run.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jeez..on one hand I'm so glad you were able to see a reaction and tie it to something..on the other hand poor Annie..she loves her garden so. It doesn't seem fair. :nope:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.