Update on Rosie's growth!!!

jwjbama

Jul 27, 2010
Madison, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Well, as it turns out, my concerns were legit. Remember, I bought her from someone who posted an online ad. They had to move suddenly and couldn't take her with them. I saw some pics of her and was skeptical because she seemed a little tall and had a longer snout. She was just too darn cute to pass up!!! I met the guy with her, and he brought along pics of her mother and aunt. Everything looked okay, but I never saw the stud used. He assured me he was a good AKC stud and went into a long story about registration. I knew it was a risk, but I bought her (only paid $350, so I should've known better). Like I said, I couldn't resist that face!!! Back to my investigation.... I contacted the vet she had used before and they put me in touch with her mother's owners. As it turns out, Rosie has NO English Bulldog in her. Shes 3/4 Olde English and 1/4 American. I can't even begin to tell you how many lies I've been told. It's all water under the bridge now. I love her to death, and I'll not treat her any differently. It's just the principle of the thing that bothers me.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
That is unfortunate but yes, at that price, no one would be willing to part with a purebred English Bulldog unless it had some kind of major health issue. Still, she looks like a sweetheart so maybe it's a blessing in disguise (as an Olde English/Am Bulldog mix) that you open your life and heart to this little girl. Please continue to post updates and pics!

OP
J

jwjbama

Jul 27, 2010
Madison, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Yeah, I know. After i saw the pics of the "Mom", I felt much better. These people talked to us over the course of two days and said all the right things. they made up a story about how they got her, where they got her, etc. They even told us where the stud came from. Of course, they did their homework and used a stud service that was listed on the web. they really tried hard to pull this off. Like my friend told me, it'll probably make me love her more. I may have saved her from a bad situation. I've been joking her all night, calling her my little "hybrid". So far, she doesn't seem to mind!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am sorry you were 'scammed' but it seems like destiny brought you to this little Rosie and now you are stuck with her cuteness forever. Such a shame :p LOL just kidding.... I am frisky today I tell ya....

I do hope that just cuz we are an English Bulldog website that does not mean you are leaving us! We love all dogs, bullies, bully breeds, so please STAY!!! :) Olde English and American Bulldogs are both beautiful.... and you may get lucky with less health issues if she was bred with healthy parents.

Anyone got some coffee? I am so tired I feel like I am just rambling on..... I think I have looked at the computer waaaay too much today.

And yes, more pics when you can! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Rosie is a cutie! And as long as you love her that's what's most important! Enjoy her!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
She is adorable!!! She maybe a little bigger than you expected, but I know you will get just as much love. Mixed Breeds can be so loving and appreiciative. Please keep updating her photos.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Awe that is sad that you have been lied to but I have to say Olde english and american are also so DANG adorable!!! In fact one of the most beautiflu bullies I have knows was an olde english. Either way they are still bulldogs so I agree you must stay here and share some more pics please also. :)

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Wow!!! Gonna be a big one!! My AMerican Bulldog is 85 pounds and my cousins Olde English is 120 pounds! But I'm sure.... definately gonna be gorgeous! (Heck any bullie breed is gorgeous). Post pics cuz I'd LOVE to see her!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Cuz there is no photos in this thread :)

Maybe some in a previous post? Must go look see....

OP
J

jwjbama

Jul 27, 2010
Madison, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Yes, there are pics in my post, "Typical growth cycle". Thank you all for the kind remarks. Sure, I'm a little disappointed, but there's no way I can treat her differently now. She's my baby! I had a full blooded (if there is such a thing) EngAm about 15 years ago. Both his parents were EngAm, and he was a beauty! He was my baby for 9 years, until cancer got him. I'll try to scan some pictures of Butkus (after Rocky, I always said I'd have a dog named Butkus) this week. He was usually between 85-95 pounds, depending on the season. He was the best dog I've ever owned, and I miss him every day. I said I didn't want another dog until my kids were grown, but Rosie changed all that!! Again, thank you all for welcoming me and my baby. We've jokingly called her "Hybrid" today, and she doesn't seem to mind!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.