Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
So, I have always believed in natural and/or herbal suppliments or remedies. I stumbled across this neat info about coconut oil. I haven't tried any of it on Sassy Pants but I thought I would go ahead and share it with you.

Coconut Oil and Pets/Animals
Check with your veterinarian but the recommended dosage for animals is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight twice daily.
134. Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
135. Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
136. Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
137. Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
138. Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
139. Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
140. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness. Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
141. Helps prevent or control diabetes
142. Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic
143. Helps reduce weight, increases energy
144. Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
145. Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
146. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
147. Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
148. Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
149. Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
150. Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i tried it for 6 months but i didnt find any benefit for annie,but all dogs are different and they love the taste lol,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i may try it for sarah and im into this green tea for allergies. i have to say the pills are helping me out so i may put some in the water or maybe this as sarah has yeast and skin problems. hmm.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I tried it for a couple of months, but didn't see much difference. However, I was hoping it would help with shedding and when it didn't I tried salmon oil. That worked for the shedding. I didn't know it had all those other benefits! Any idea if you could use it on a dry nose?

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I tried it for a couple of months, but didn't see much difference. However, I was hoping it would help with shedding and when it didn't I tried salmon oil. That worked for the shedding. I didn't know it had all those other benefits! Any idea if you could use it on a dry nose?

Number 137 say it helps with dry skin. Maybe??

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Thanks for posting this! I am always game for any natural remedies. We may have to give this a shot if anything should pop up. Don't wanna mess with a good thing! Guinness has no issues currently, except for the new staining which I think has to do with starting her on Glycoflex and Ester-C.
Got anything for that? LOL

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Mine actually turned their noses up at it. I was putting it in my coffee for a bit, but got sick of doing it...kind of like how I am with exercise :)

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Mine love coconut oil. I just spoon some onto their food. I wonder if coconut flour has the same benefits? I bake my own grain free treats and use coconut flour. I assumed that if the oil is good for them the flour probably is too.

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy

We had problems with dry noses most of the time with our dogs, we use Johnsons Baby Oil Gel, it soaks right in so they cant lick it off and it works a treat, you can see the difference just after a day or two :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS, THIS IS WONDERFUL. I HAVE BEEN GIVING ELMO COCONUT OIL SINCE HE WAS 6 MONTH OLD, HE IS SOON TO BE 2 YEARS OLD ON JULY 30TH, ELMO HAS NEVER HAD BAD BREATH, DIGESTS HIS FOOD WITH NO PROBLEM, AND HIS FECAL IS ALWAYS FIRM. ELMO LOVES HIS COCONUT OIL.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.