Laser Therapy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Something of interest for you..... Banks has been getting treatments for her spine and hips for several months and [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] 's Sarah has just started treatments for her leg.
It is amazing the difference in Banks since her sessions and there is a noticeable change in her movements and behavior if we are to miss a session.

This is from the manufacturer's website --

"Laser Therapy is an FDA-cleared modality that reduces inflammation and that results in pain reduction. Laser Therapy is effective in treating acute pain, chronic conditions, and post-operative pain.
Laser therapy treatment is safe, painless and fast. Treatments to deeper tissues are administered in 5 to 10 minutes. Typically, even chronic patients exhibit improvement after 3 to 5 treatment sessions. Laser therapy utilizes the body’s own healing powers by stimulating cellular activity. Despite short treatment times, laser therapy treatments initiate a healing process that continues to actively reduce inflammation for up to 24 hours after treatment. Companion therapy lasers are the most popular among veterinarians. Laser therapy is a clinically proven modality in both human and veterinary medicine. "

Also, one of the techs at Dr. Rossi's office was bit by an old dog during an exam, Dr. Rossi told her to use the laser on her wounds -- what a difference, you can barely see where she was bit, except for one spot on her neck which she did not use the laser on.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes sarah has had her 2nd treatment and it does seem to help. just slightly as of now but there is a difference in her. im curious to see how more treatments will go. have another one tuesday so we will see.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thanks for posting that! I was curious about how the laser therapy went after reading that cowsmom has Sarah doing them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The advances in medicine and technology are just fascinating!!! keep us updated cos I"m interested in how this develops!!!

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Laser radiation with red laserlight is the best against "hot Spots" and other skin infections. Then you do not need antibiotics. Usually twice a week for 2 or 3 weeks.

Surgery with a special "Laser-knife" (other frequency than the red laserlight) is the very best knife in surgery for reducing the soft palate and/or Larynx overlap, to help Bulldogs breathing normally. The Laser knife closes the cut immediately. The risk of continued bleeding is thus minimised.

Quite new is this Laser Treatment: Our Frieda had a year ago a throat infection with dangerous multi-resistant germs. No antibiotics or combination of antibiotics could kill them. Our vet did a newly-developed laser treatment with her: he brished a special green stuff all over her throat. Then (in anesthesia) with another special green Laserlight he irradiated the green medicine, which reacts with the green laser light and is activated by it. All bacteria were thus killed off.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thanks for posting that! I was curious about how the laser therapy went after reading that cowsmom has Sarah doing them.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - now you don't have to answer all grandma's questions in the other thread. hahahaha No you still should.

Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I was wondering about how/what with laser therapy.....

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Laser radiation with red laserlight is the best against "hot Spots" and other skin infections. Then you do not need antibiotics. Usually twice a week for 2 or 3 weeks.

Surgery with a special "Laser-knife" (other frequency than the red laserlight) is the very best knife in surgery for reducing the soft palate and/or Larynx overlap, to help Bulldogs breathing normally. The Laser knife closes the cut immediately. The risk of continued bleeding is thus minimised.

Quite new is this Laser Treatment: Our Frieda had a year ago a throat infection with dangerous multi-resistant germs. No antibiotics or combination of antibiotics could kill them. Our vet did a newly-developed laser treatment with her: he brished a special green stuff all over her throat. Then (in anesthesia) with another special green Laserlight he irradiated the green medicine, which reacts with the green laser light and is activated by it. All bacteria were thus killed off.

That's really amazing...it sounds like science fiction.

Members online

No members online now.