Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Heeeelp!! Grape!

  1. #1
    Wrinkle Wiper loonatic8's Avatar
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    121
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Heeeelp!! Grape!

    I left him with my dad for a few seconds, i turned around there he was chewing something, i asked my dad what it is, he said a grape fell down and boo ate it!

    What should i do?
    Is it dangerous?
    I try to make him puke it out, doesnt work.

  2. #2
    Drool Catcher Poppy's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Was it just one grape??! If that's the case he should be ok

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: Heeeelp!! Grape!

    If it was only one.... no worries. They have to take in a good deal to become toxic, but it is always best to keep them clear of the little buggers. Keep an eye on him and if any sign of illness take him to the vet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #4
    Drool Catcher Poppy's Avatar
    Posts
    246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    http://deanscyberspace.wordpress.com...onous-to-dogs/

    I think you are in the clear if it was just one, have you tried hydrogen peroxide:
    http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/induce-vomiting.html

  5. #5
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Heeeelp!! Grape!

    Ummmm..we had a Dobie who ate grapes like treats. We didn't know better and she never even got a tummy ache. Lived to be 15 years old...I wouldn't worry.

  6. #6
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Heeeelp!! Grape!

    i knew someone who fed his dog grapes before he knew better and nothing happened so it should be fine.

  7. #7
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Heeeelp!! Grape!

    Yep we also didnt know better years back and our newfie ate grapes just about everyday of his life I would guess. He lived to be 12, much older than the vet thought he should have. Just can be bad on their little systems to eat but 1 would be ok.

  8. #8
    Wrinkle Wiper loonatic8's Avatar
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    121
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Boo's 7 months next week, he never have a problem with food before.

    But this morning he didnt finish his meal.. Is it the grape? Or maybe he's teething at this age?

    He seems to chew his food for a longer time..

  9. #9
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Heeeelp!! Grape!

    Quote Originally Posted by loonatic8 View Post
    Boo's 7 months next week, he never have a problem with food before.

    But this morning he didnt finish his meal.. Is it the grape? Or maybe he's teething at this age?

    He seems to chew his food for a longer time..
    doubt it from teething....I think it is just a fluke that it happening at the same time as the grape.....My Cooper and Gracie are about the same age and although Cooper still mows his food Gracie hasn't been eating as much. I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's like dogs and chocolate...they have to eat a lot for it to be toxic....Maybe he is full, maybe your dad fed him some other things

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •