Swollen Gums

amytayb

Dec 6, 2011
Anyone dealt with gum boils on their bully? Not sure if he has this but upper gum area really swollen over back tooth.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH..... never heard of it, but I'd get to the vet with your baby

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack's gums are growing over his teeth. The vet said it wouldn't be a problem unless it interferred with his eating. There were some tumors (not cancerous) on his gums that the vet snipped off. Mack will be 9 June 6th and this is fairly common in Boxers & Bulldogs. I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], have your vet check it out.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre has a condition called Epulis...basically a gum tumor that may or may not get larger. Some of her teeth don't protrude very far from her jawline due to the extra tissue. The vet said she can have it lasered back if it interferes with her eating but the surgery to actually remove the tumors is quite invasive from what I understand.

Let us know what the vet comes up with...good luck

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Bre has a condition called Epulis...basically a gum tumor that may or may not get larger. Some of her teeth don't protrude very far from her jawline due to the extra tissue. The vet said she can have it lasered back if it interferes with her eating but the surgery to actually remove the tumors is quite invasive from what I understand.

Let us know what the vet comes up with...good luck

Yep that's what my friends boxer had. She had to have laser surgery. The boxer is doing much better now.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wh4wdg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
You might want to google gingival hyperplasia and see if that's what yours looks like? It's very common in boxers I have read, and our bullie has it too. It seemed to occur very quickly in the last yr and his little gums are growing up over his teeth. All they can do is laser them back but it often grows back in. We were advised to leave it alone since he is eating fine. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.