the shock of my life

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Aww...Poor Sarah! I'm so glad she is getting better though. You are a great mamma! Praying she continues to get better with each treatment.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh gezzz Sandy, this shocks me more reading it. I was stunned when you said her leg had been broken the other day and my heart literally sank for her knowing that it could have been prevented and that her other owners didn't care enough to get her some help. That's awesome about the laser surgery. How do they do that? Is she awake. That's fantastic that it's helping already. Seven treatments of laser right? I've never heard of such a thing. I know I was heartbroken when I went through two TPLOs with Ace. He healed up and was like the bionic dog afterwards. I hope that's the type of results Sarah has! That's wonderful that one treatment is already showing results - can you imagine what 7 will do for her?

Sorry I missed this yesterday, bad me.

:muah2: to you both!!!!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm both sick that someone didn't properly care for her injury and fascinated by this laser treatment (had no idea something like that was even a possibility). Tell Sara we wish her a speedy recovery and she's so lucky to have such a great mom.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thank you all for the wellwishes. we are in our second treatment and it seems to be helping some. will have to see how it goes. shes my baby and her an i have been through alot these past few years. :D

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww...[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I totally missed this whole thread. (I'm so over remodeling/painting/scraping!!!) I haven't been on EBN much lately. Poor Sarah...it's amazing what a dog can go through and still put on a brave face and carry on. It's great to hear that she is responding to treatments already. What do they do with the laser? I haven't ever heard of this treatment before. That's awesome that they got her figured out though!

I hope she (and you) go through this with ease and fantastic results! :)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I didn't know this was going on.. Wow! poor baby, so her leg broke how long ago? and they just left her like that until it calcified.. gosh, I cannot believe people are so mean and careless... it really makes me angry.. what a trooper you have though!! she is awesome just like her mama :hug:
I am amazed laser treatments are working, that is great!! If she feels better with just one treatment I can only imagine how great she is going to feel at the end of the sessions? will she need maintenance sessions like Banks?

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] i dont know i just know that we have paid for 7 treatments for now. then not sure bf didnt say and vet hasnt said and i tried to ask the girl at the desk last time i went and she didnt know either. so we will see. she is better for sure. we have another treatment tuesday.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
How's sweet Sarah doing?

Grandma and I were discussing this situation on Saturday - I think it was - and she wanted to know exactly what they were doing. Lasers are amazing things. Grandma has a long history working in healthcare - but not veterinary care. She's wondering what happens during these treatments...how long does it take? Does it hurt? What exactly are they doing in there? Do they see the break and then laser it with an xray or how? There's more questions from her - but I'll stop now.

Hang in there my Gastronomical Goddess! Bea and Bo send big slobbery smooches to Sarah.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How's sweet Sarah doing?

Grandma and I were discussing this situation on Saturday - I think it was - and she wanted to know exactly what they were doing. Lasers are amazing things. Grandma has a long history working in healthcare - but not veterinary care. She's wondering what happens during these treatments...how long does it take? Does it hurt? What exactly are they doing in there? Do they see the break and then laser it with an xray or how? There's more questions from her - but I'll stop now.Hang in there my Gastronomical Goddess! Bea and Bo send big slobbery smooches to Sarah.

Laser therapy is very invasive... it is like a deep tissue/muscle massage just done with a wand that has a red light on the end. Banks has been going for about 6/7 months and it has done wonders for her movement. She has infused discs in her spine and HD... her treatments last for about an hour .. her spine, lower back, and each hip all are focused on with the laser. She started out going a few times a week, which worked up to once a month or as we see she needs more. Not too expensive, but well worth the money to see her run and play.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well sarahs treatments are not as intense as banks are. she only gets 10 minutes at a time. honestly i dont know what they are doing to her as i havent had a chance to ask. she goes back n in 10 minutes they bring her out then she comes home and sleeps alot. honestly im trying to get her yeast and food issues under control at the same time so im sure at some point i will have more to say about what it being done to her.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - ouch. Sounds like it hurts. Do you have to carry her in there? It also sounds like it works wonders. When Mable was going for her "tummy drainings" she was always such a good sport about it. She knew what was coming and she cheerfully walked into the vet and off with the nurse every time.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - I need to talk to you about that yeast. I think I have a "situation" in Bea's tail pocket....
Glad it's helping Sarah. The sleeping is probably from all the "activity" that she's not used to when she visits the vet.

L

Lucy-licious

OMG! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I am so sorry I have missed this. Give Sarah a great big hug and snuggle from Lucy and I :hug:

She is such a lucky girl to have been found by a wonderful BullyMom :hug: The treatment sounds amazing I hope and pray for her a full recovery. :pray:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
OMG! @cowsmom I am so sorry I have missed this. Give Sarah a great big hug and snuggle from Lucy and I :hug:

She is such a lucky girl to have been found by a wonderful BullyMom :hug: The treatment sounds amazing I hope and pray for her a full recovery. :pray:
its ok your allowed to miss a thread or two ;) she is doing ok not limping quite as much or in as much pain. dont know what we will get but anything is better than what i had.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.