congenital kidney failure

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I can tell you from experience , you never know how long any bully will have. I had my first for 9 months before he passed away unexpectedly. I wouldn't trade those 9 months for anything in the world even though it was way to short. We had what feels like a lifetime of good days and happy memories. I'm so sorry to hear about Abby. I hope that you are able to focus on the good times you have with her and enjoy the time you have no matter how short or long it is. Good luck . I will keep you two in my prayers.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thank you all but I really don't think I'm doing anything all that special. I'm just a woman in love! :inlove:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] yes you are! most people would just euthanize Abby.. it's sad to say because she is enjoying life, and giving love and is going to continue doing this for whatever amount of time and you have the love to allow her to do this.. most people wouldn't :cry:.. you are special! .. I think we all agree on that!
How is your son taking it, is he still in denial?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
How is your son taking it, is he still in denial?

Yes. I don't think it's going to fully hit him until she starts showing signs of being sick. And maybe that's a good thing. Let him play with her and love her without worrying about her for as long as possible. I'll handle the worrying :)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Yes [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I think you're right, but since you've been so open with him he'll
know what's going on when it starts. Hopefully it will be a really long time! I'm really praying for your little princess :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So truly sorry ... and I so hoped it would be better news. If you were to wish that every day of your life on this planet was filled with comfort. food to warm your belly, and love that was so great it not only filled your heart but also your soul. Imagine that was all yours right now .... then realise that is what Abby has right now. No soul could ask for more ....

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Oh my heart breaks for you and little Abby, and your son. :cry: Enjoy the time you have together.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So sorry to hear this. I just saw your original thread yesterday and haven't been able to stop thinking about all of you. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, not to mention your son. Enjoy every minute you have with her! I love your idea of having a weekly birthday party for her :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, I think you are amazing too for giving Abby such a fighting chance and the most loving home she could have. Thanks to you, she will only know the happiness of a loving family which is what any bullie deserves regardless of their life span. :hug:I love seeing her happy little face on your avatar and look forward to many more pictures of her!

Members online

No members online now.