congenital kidney failure

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So sorry to hear these results. But very happy to see you will be doing everything you can to make Abby as happy as possible.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I am so so sorry to hear this. :cry: Know that Abby has come to you so that she can have a loving family like yours. It's going to be hard for all of you, especially your son. Just reassure him that Abby was sent your way for a reason, love!!

Our family sends :hug: :hug: to yours and Abby!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:*( I am beyond saddened to hear this. Your baby will not know the outcome, just that she has had the best life anyone could ask for. That is the best thing you can do for her. How heartbreaking tho. I wish the news was better but I do also believe in miracles so keep positive. :hug:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I think you should not use the garlic powder for the cookies. Garlic is a no-no for dogs. Or were you advised to feed it to her?Bless you and little Abby.

Huge amounts of garlic can be toxic (like if she dug it up in the garden and at the whole head at once). But garlic in small doses has many medicinal purposes for dogs, everything from flea prevention to increasing white blood cell count. It has been proven to improve gastric function, fight bacteria in the digestive system and lower blood sugar in diabetic animals. It can also help prevent cancer!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I'm going to be posting a LOT of pictures and videos in the upcoming months so get ready for Abby overload! :)

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I was reading a bit about kidney disease and thought of you and sweet Abby. Here is the link (just replace the word "raw" with "cooked" lol): http://www.dogaware.com/health/kidneynattie.html

Of course it's very different situations but I found the proportions of food to be interesting. This dog lived for two more years before passing of old age.

http://www.dogaware.com/health/kidneydiet.html
http://www.dogaware.com/health/kidney.html

Can't wait to see pics of the little munchkin!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] you are really an inspiration to me. You are a blessing for Abby and what an example for your son. Abby's life might be short but it will be full of love and blessings.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Huge amounts of garlic can be toxic (like if she dug it up in the garden and at the whole head at once). But garlic in small doses has many medicinal purposes for dogs, everything from flea prevention to increasing white blood cell count. It has been proven to improve gastric function, fight bacteria in the digestive system and lower blood sugar in diabetic animals. It can also help prevent cancer!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I'm going to be posting a LOT of pictures and videos in the upcoming months so get ready for Abby overload! :)

I for one will be looking forward to it! You are just one of the most positive and awesome bully pawrents I have ever met, I have read and read and I love how you won't give up on her. She is so special, and because you are giving her a wonderful life, no matter how short it will be, that makes it all the more special, and her too.

:hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Although I can't say that I've been exactly where you are, or have walked in your shoes, I feel your strength and your growth through the adventure you are engaging with this little angel. It will sooooo be worth all the love and hope you will give her.
Life experience's and lessons learned. :assurred:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Bless your oh so loving heart, Bev. It's obvious that not only are you a great person, but also a wonderful parent to your son and Abby. I've always believed in miracles and will think of Abby whenever a shooting star passes by. :) And yes please for pics and vids, we can never get enough of the little spitfire. You can tell from this board that she's already taken all of our hearts. :luv:

Last edited:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
It breaks my heart that you didn't get better news; but you are an inspiration in how bravely you've met this crisis and continue to focus on Abby's life. She's beyond lucky to have you because you feel the same about her. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and I can't wait to see all the upcoming Abby threads....

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
My heart aches for you and you and especially Abby are in my prayers. I do believe in miracles and will be praying for one here...be strong and please keep us posted on her. *Sending prayers*

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
I am so very sorry. I will keep you all in my prayers. Abby is so lucky to have someone like you in her life and you are lucky to have her in yours. If there is anything you need, please let me know. Keep hanging in there.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
9d1e4f3e.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.