Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

He's has 2 BM's since yesterday morning and I haven't witnessed any more drops of blood.....but will continue to monitor him... Hopefully it was just an anomaly. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
:nope:
Have had multiple BM's (5) since the "incident" on Friday morning with no blood drops and then this morning there it is again (literally 2 drops of blood) with the first poop of the day....

However yesterday we went to a park with walking trails and there were some unruly little dogs, so both my dogs had BM's right at the start of our walk and were cleaned out; but Schultz gets riled up when little dogs are yapping and trying to lunge at him, of course I can't let him correct their bad manners so out of frustration he has another ( unnecessary ) BM which was liquid yuck.

So that was yesterday afternoon....he did not need a BM after dinner last night and after breakfast this morning, he has a normal BM ...except for the blood drops again....

I am waiting on a call back from his vet..... What do you all think?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:nope:
Have had multiple BM's (5) since the "incident" on Friday morning with no blood drops and then this morning there it is again (literally 2 drops of blood) with the first poop of the day....

However yesterday we went to a park with walking trails and there were some unruly little dogs, so both my dogs had BM's right at the start of our walk and were cleaned out; but Schultz gets riled up when little dogs are yapping and trying to lunge at him, of course I can't let him correct their bad manners so out of frustration he has another ( unnecessary ) BM which was liquid yuck.

So that was yesterday afternoon....he did not need a BM after dinner last night and after breakfast this morning, he has a normal BM ...except for the blood drops again....

I am waiting on a call back from his vet..... What do you all think?

Sounds like little man is stressing, which would cause the additional :poo: and the blood drops would be from straining -- it is a nasty catch22

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Sounds like little man is stressing, which would cause the additional and the blood drops would be from straining -- it is a nasty catch22

Yes that was what I thought too... Thanks

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz is going in for a rectal exam tomorrow. Neither of us is looking forward to this one, but need to know the source of the blood drops....wish us luck....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well good luck tomorrow we will be thinking good thoughts here sarah and i

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Schultz is going in for a rectal exam tomorrow. Neither of us is looking forward to this one, but need to know the source of the blood drops....wish us luck....

Good luck.... keep us posted after the appointment

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4321]cornelia[/MENTION]

Just back from the vets'. And am still perplexed. No blood in the stool sample (good). Anal sacs were expressed and normal ( except as I was holding Schultz...he had a definate pain response when the right side was done as opposed to the left side) (good)? No polyps and everything felt normal (good). Of course, there was no blood today....

So I'm to watch him and chart the blood incidents and keep the vet posted.....She still thinks it was an irritation that will likely heal in time, if it hasn't already.....is that a good enough explanation? I don't want to go looking for trouble and he eats and poops like normal....don't you wish they could talk and let you know what's going on?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@cowsmom @2BullyMama @cornelia
Just back from the vets'. And am still perplexed. No blood in the stool sample (good). Anal sacs were expressed and normal ( except as I was holding Schultz...he had a definate pain response when the right side was done as opposed to the left side) (good)? No polyps and everything felt normal (good). Of course, there was no blood today....So I'm to watch him and chart the blood incidents and keep the vet posted.....She still thinks it was an irritation that will likely heal in time, if it hasn't already.....is that a good enough explanation? I don't want to go looking for trouble and he eats and poops like normal....don't you wish they could talk and let you know what's going on?

Good LORD do I wish they could talk...then Banks could tell me why she 'yipe's and runs in the corner' :confused:

At this point, it seems they did everything they could.. and I do go through this with Banks a LOT... keep track of when you see blood -- the only other thing I can think it might be is an anal fisher (cut on the anus) --doesn't that just sound painful?

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Thanks for your input....oh, and I read somewhere that when a dog feels a pain it's instinct for him or her to take shelter in a tighter space...I witnessed this with my golden in her later years when she had arthritis and would move or get up too quickly it hurt and she would either go into a corner or try to wedge herself under a table....just thinking about Banks' yipes and corner episodes.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Sounds like a fissure to me. Newborns at work get them sometimes. Little bit of bright red drops. After a big thick poo it opens again and bleeds, then it closes and no blood until another thick poo stretches it open! Keep us posted :)

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
I am pleased, that Schultz blood drops were only a short incident. :)

Yes, we want to talk with our dogs. I am sure, they want to talk with us too.
Once a had a exciting experience with my bulldog Wilma. She was lying on me, her head on my head, and I talked to her.
Suddenly she opened und closed her mouth in the same way I did. She obviously tried to talk with me but she could not produce the sounds.
I found it emotionally very moving.

bb_Wilma_1Jahr.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online