Thread: Help with food please!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky Da Bull
    Likes (Received)

Default Help with food please!

My son has a 2 year old English Bulldog…..He has been on Royal Canine food since he was off of puppy food.He started to not tolerate it very well,so my son just changed him to Blue Wilderness Chicken ..He is mixing it to his Royal food in small amounts to get him adjusted…after about 5 minutes he is throwing it up…..what do you suggest? He isn’t on a regular feeding schedule because of the way my son works…can this have a impact on him?His stools seem loose which i feel is from changing his food but how long will this continue?Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated..Thank you in advance Linda

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help with food please!

Linda, I would recommend a bland diet until he is back on track, you could even add some pumpkin (100% pumpkin, not pie filling) to his food to settle his tummy. He needs to get back on track and then slowly introduce the food back to him.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Bella's Mom and I would try a food without chicken. You'd be sooo surprised how many Bully's are allergic to chicken. And with any food transition, it's important to go slow..over about a 2 week period. Royal Canin is really a low rated food..so it's good you are changing. We all have food horror stories. It's one of the hardest things to figure out with these guys. When you start the transition...as an example..here's what I do..jake gets 1 cup twice a day..I do 3/4 old..1/4 new for 3 days. Next step is 1/2 old and 1/2 new for 3 days. Then 3/4 new and 1/4 old for 3 days..then all new! If at any ime he has problems..I back up a step and go slower. The canned pumpkin..about 1 tsp each feeding will help his firm up while transitioning. Good luck..if you need any help picking out a food..just ask!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Help with food please!

Hello~I feed all 3 of my Bullies Turkey and Sweet potatoe. I get it at Costco and it comes in a red bag. It's the only thing I can give them that they're not allergic to.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky Da Bull
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the info...we will try the pumpkin!........what name brand food would you recommend without the Chicken?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky Da Bull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linda4568 View Post
    Hello~I feed all 3 of my Bullies Turkey and Sweet potatoe. I get it at Costco and it comes in a red bag. It's the only thing I can give them that they're not allergic to.
    Thanks for the info Linda

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

All the Blue Wilderness flavors contain chicken. Yes, I think he might be allergic to chicken that's why he's throwing up.

Okay, a lot of people here are trying out Earthborne Holistic. There are 3 flavors in it that do not contain chicken that you can try - Great Plains Feast, Meadow Feast, and Coastal Catch. They're currently selling the trial size for $2.99 in my town with a $3 coupon on the back to use if the trial goes good for you.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT is on a roll today.... she gave great advice to follow and help your Rocky along
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Abby throws up anytime she eats food with grain in it. Her doctors think that she is allergic to it. She does fine with grain free.

Remove Ads