Weird Skin Problem

mcrowley

Feb 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi All,

I'm brand new to this site and am glad I found it! I noticed yesterday that my 'lil buddy had some red splotches on his upper lip. This morning I noticed he had a couple more. I emailed the vet with photos asking what it might be as the vet is located an hour from me. He thinks (simply based on the photos) that it's mild acne and to try peroxide.

I appreciate any input those of you might have. He's my first bullie but he's 4 years old so I'm not surprised by any skin irritations at this point. Red bumps, ugly and slightly raised but doesn't seem to bother him.

Thanks,
Meghan & Seamus

Seamy's Lip.jpgSeamy's Lip 2.jpg

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
looks like bullie acne to me..I cant remember the treatment for it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..me too! Jake had that a couple times! I use Maloket wipes..you can get from amazon. Now..a lot of people use stridesx pads..get the ones with aloe! I tried them and felt they were too harsh. Do you use stainless bowls?? Jakes cleared up and I'm not sure if it was allergy related in his case. We figured out he was sensitive to chicken and changed his food too.

By the way :welcome: so glad you've joined in! Ask anything you need help with and we'd love an intro post in introductions..with pictures!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry, I don't have any experience with bully acne but just wanted to say Seamus is such a cutie. Is that a monkey he's resting his chin on? Adorable :luv:

82525c87.jpg

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I just went through this with Elli! She's a messy drinker... We ended up sticking to cleaning her face after mealtime and drinks with a cloth and nightly I clean her with baby wipes. It cleared up after a couple days. I thought about stridex pads but I was allergic to the strong medicine and I wouldn't want to make things worst for Elli.

Btw welcome! He's just too cute!!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hi and welcome. We had bully acne too, until we started getting trained to wipe the bully face after every meal and water slurp.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow...is that what bullie acne looks like? I've never seen such a thing.

Looks like Bea's tummy hives - only much smaller. Regardless, feeding in a stainless steel bowl, washed in hot soapy (Dawn Antibacterial is what I use) water and air dried after each meal will go a long way toward helping whatever this is. My kids have a ceramic water bowl but it too is rinsed and refilled frequently and washed in hot soapy water daily. I dry it with paper towels - so no fabric softener can "rub off" on it as they have an issue with that too.

Bea's acne looks like her mama's pre-menopausal acne. heh heh Bumps on the bottom of her chin and I use Stridex on those when they rarely appear. Very rarely. I think the clean dishes resolve in most cases.

Welcome!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Sorry, I don't have any experience with bully acne but just wanted to say Seamus is such a cutie. Is that a monkey he's resting his chin on? Adorable :luv:

82525c87.jpg
My favorite welcome graphic so far [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]. Brilliantly done!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome to EN.... Seamus is a sweetie.. great name too.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] gave you great information

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.