I'm really starting to freak out now

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
​I'm so proud of this forum right now. We really rally around each other. True friends and such caring people. I'm so honored to call everyone here my friend.

Just hope we are not over whelming her with all our information :*(

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
​I'm so proud of this forum right now. We really rally around each other. True friends and such caring people. I'm so honored to call everyone here my friend.

So am I! I have never in my life encountered a more amazing group of people. Either online or off. I am so glad that I found you.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He is 15. I had given him Abby for a birthday present. It was very hard to tell him about this. Hes been trying to teach her to skateboard. It was even harder because I also had to tell him that today we found out that my mom has to have a pacemaker immediately. She is scheduled for surgery 11am Friday. So now he's worried about his dog AND his grandmother.

Oh man. That's a huge load for anyone..let alone a 15 year old. The good news is..pacemakers are lifesavers. Your mom will be fine and feel better than she has for a long time. Take care of yourself..you have so much weight on your shoulders. :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just hope we are not over whelming her with all our information :*(

Well...it's called immersion therapy. She will take what she needs and discard the rest! Who knows?? Someday the extra info might help someone else! :up:
So am I! I have never in my life encountered a more amazing group of people. Either online or off. I am so glad that I found you.

We are here for you. Just know that..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is 15. I had given him Abby for a birthday present. It was very hard to tell him about this. Hes been trying to teach her to skateboard. It was even harder because I also had to tell him that today we found out that my mom has to have a pacemaker immediately. She is scheduled for surgery 11am Friday. So now he's worried about his dog AND his grandmother.

Double Prayers for you and your family..... tell your son to still teach her to skateboard. If she has the energy treat her as such... enjoy her all you can

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This is probably not the right time or place for this question..but it is something I had to face with Vegas at 10 months old. Do you have a health contract with whoever you got her from?

I'm so sorry for little Abby. I'm hoping that there is still positive news with a second opinion. I also have a hard time believing bad things can happen to the young and innocent.....but believing to me is different than knowing. I know it happens...I just pray for it to change.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
can you get to staten island???? one of the top bulldog vets in the us has his practice there. he may be able to help you more than a regular vet. dr. kinnear

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
This is probably not the right time or place for this question..but it is something I had to face with Vegas at 10 months old. Do you have a health contract with whoever you got her from?

I'm so sorry for little Abby. I'm hoping that there is still positive news with a second opinion. I also have a hard time believing bad things can happen to the young and innocent.....but believing to me is different than knowing. I know it happens...I just pray for it to change.

I had been looking at rescue's since before Christmas. A little after New Years a friend told me that her girlfriend had to get rid of her bulldog. She told me that her friend had gotten the dog for her daughter for Christmas but it turned out the kid was allergic. I bought Abby from them so no, unfortunately I have nothing but papers from some International Canine Association form listing her breed, birthday, parents names/registration numbers and the day they bought her. They also gave me her vaccination records.

Oddly enough, they won't answer my calls or return my texts. I thought buying her from them was the best solution for everyone. They would know that she went to a good home and my son would get the dog he's wanted for years. I guess it's pretty safe to assume they knew she was sick and that's why they got rid of her. I wonder if her friend even has a kid. :cursing:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh that is so sad if they knew she was sick, back then you could have gotten her some help.

My heart breaks for you. I will keep Abby in my prayers that she will live long with you help and dedication.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry I am so late to this thread...I can't believe all you have gone through. :*( You and your family....that is so heartbreaking to go through. I don't have any more suggestions...can only offer hugs and your family and Abby are all in my thoughts. I will keep checking back for updates on your adorable Abby. *Big hugs*

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] O that sucks. I can't believe they won't answer your calls. So I guess we can just assume the breeder didn't have a warranty. My breeder has a year warranty and I think that is pretty typical for the breeder to have! Is there anyway you can get in contact with the breeder, since you have registration number.? Can your friend get ahold of the previous owners. My heart aches for you I feel so bad! Have you heard anything back from your friends mom that is a EB vet...or did she look at her at all?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had been looking at rescue's since before Christmas. A little after New Years a friend told me that her girlfriend had to get rid of her bulldog. She told me that her friend had gotten the dog for her daughter for Christmas but it turned out the kid was allergic. I bought Abby from them so no, unfortunately I have nothing but papers from some International Canine Association form listing her breed, birthday, parents names/registration numbers and the day they bought her. They also gave me her vaccination records. Oddly enough, they won't answer my calls or return my texts. I thought buying her from them was the best solution for everyone. They would know that she went to a good home and my son would get the dog he's wanted for years. I guess it's pretty safe to assume they knew she was sick and that's why they got rid of her. I wonder if her friend even has a kid. :cursing:

Well, since they are not replying to any of your calls/texts -- they knew and that is beyond horrible of them to not have told you

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I just want you to know, I, like everyone in this Family is with you. Today, and tomorrow. I have nothing to add except, you and your's are in my thoughts and prayers a whole lot. You have gotten tons of good posts. God Bless. I am following everything you post.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you know the funny thing? I'd have taken her even I'd known she was sick. The only difference would have been that I wouldn't have put a bow around her neck and handed her to my kid.

I have been searching the internet for hours trying to find this amphogel. I have found one online retailer who sells it and they are out of stock. There were a couple of places that had it by the other names but they were all little online retailers with next to no buyer feedback. I'm not completely comfortable giving my credit card number to places like that. Then I searched aluminum hydroxide. You know where I found it? SEARS! Go figure lol

Last edited:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I'm chiming in late here. Please know I am thinking about you,your family and that sweet baby bully. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.