OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Still waiting. I called the office about an hour ago to see if the results had come in yet. They told me that Abbys doctor had a family emergency and wasn't coming in today. So they are going to have another doctor take a look at them and call me as soon as he or she can.

I'm still holding my breath :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Checking in on my lunch break. I hope you hear soon and we can all breath again. HUGS from me and Slobbery kisses from Bella and my Abby.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The substitute vet just called. Her kidney levels are high, her phosphorous levels are high. Abbys kidneys are failing.

I am dropping her off for an ultrasound and more tests tomorrow morning. They are going to keep her for a couple of days to see if they cant get her levels down a little. She said that if we're lucky we can give her a little bit more time with medications but she probably wont live past her first birthday.

I prayed all night for this to be something, ANYTHING else! I was prepared for expensive surgeries or diets or meds. I didn't prepare myself the this.

Oh God how am I going to tell my son!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The substitute vet just called. Her kidney levels are high, her phosphorous levels are high. Abbys kidneys are failing.

I am dropping her off for an ultrasound and more tests tomorrow morning. They are going to keep her for a couple of days to see if they cant get her levels down a little. She said that if we're lucky we can give her a little bit more time with medications but she probably wont live past her first birthday.

I prayed all night for this to be something, ANYTHING else! I was prepared for expensive surgeries or diets or meds. I didn't prepare myself the this.

Oh God how am I going to tell my son!!!

Oh my GOD..... I so prayed this would not be the case. I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'll continue to pray

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I am so sorry. The choices you have in front of you are very personal. Just know that you have done so far all you could do and so much more.!
Wish you God speed thru these times and that better days will most surely come.!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh Hunny, I am crying for you. I will pray, along with everybody else, for God to give you strength to get through this :hug:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers even more....I'm so sorry the news was not good, it's one of life's toughest positions to face. For my own peace of mind I would probably take her test results into another office for a second-opinion before I made any big decisions. Abby is still full of life, she'll help you make the tough calls. Once again my sincerest sympathies....

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I did a search for the reasons for kidney failure, has your vet checked into all of these?

• Complete urinary tract obstruction caused by a stone
  • Rupture of the bladder or urethra
  • Shock, with inadequate blood flow to the kidneys
  • Congestive heart failure with low blood pressure and reduced blood flow to the kidneys
  • Poisoning, especially from antifreeze
  • Lyme disease
  • Leptospirosis
I know the damage is already done, but I would still need to know.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no, this just breaks my heart. I am so so so sorry this is happening to you and sweet Abby. I am wishing, hoping and praying things go REALLY REALLY well at the vet tomorrow and it's not as bad as it seems right now. We are here for you!!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so devastated for you. We love our babies..skin and fur much the same. I was so hoping for better news. You have been such a wonderful mom to Abby. Just give your son what he needs to know for now. We are sooo here for you. I'll continue praying for Abby and your family.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am so sorry for the news, definitely not the news we wanted to hear. We will keep you and your sweet Abby in our prayers. I would definitely get a second opinion, just to make sure there is nothing else to be done. Please give her a big hug from us.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I am so so so incredibly sorry. Thoughts & prayers your way.

Keep us posted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.