I'm really starting to freak out now

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Ugh! The only reason I can imagine what you're going through is that my bully was very sick too when she was a puppy (11 months, bladder/untreatable uti's), and I remember that Google was NOT my friend during that acute time (though it has been long-term), and I couldn't sleep while she was in surgery etc.... Be strong. It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I'm so sorry this is so scary! Keep us posted. I'll think extra positive thoughts in case you forget.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Praying that you'll get good results! (And google's never your friend at these times, so keep your chin up!)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I remember that Google was NOT my friend during that acute time (though it has been long-term), and I couldn't sleep while she was in surgery etc.... .

LOL I should know better than to Google stuff. I had a spinal stimulator implanted in June. While I was waiting for the surgery date to get closer I stayed on the internet all day every day, I was addicted. Of course all you read are bad things. I mentioned it to my pain mgt doctor the day of pre-admission testing and yelled at me. He told me to stay off the internet or he wasn't going to do the surgery lol

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
I mentioned it to my pain mgt doctor the day of pre-admission testing and yelled at me. He told me to stay off the internet or he wasn't going to do the surgery lol

A fellow spiney! I'm having fusion surgery in May. BTW I applaud you for recording your consults with the vet. Will try that next time. That way I can Google when I'm calm, not when I'm crying.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
d0441d5d.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will be hoping for the best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs and prayers... praying for a good result. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Abby had her blood work and of course all the usual hugs from the staff at the office. They all love her :) There's nothing left to do now but stuff myself with chocolate chip cookies and wait. They are going to rush the results so should have them back tomorrow. I'm to keep her on the rice/beef and pedialyte and she added Pepcid once a day.

The vet said that IF it's kidney disease there's a chance that we caught it early enough so it can be managed with diet and medication. I should be focused on that and stay positive. :pray: But Google says that signs of the disease don't usually show up until the kidneys have all but stopped functioning and those are the words that I can't get out of my head.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers. Can I be greedy and ask that you keep my sweety head in your thoughts just a little while longer?

Not greedy at all... she will be in our thoughts/prayers for as long as you need to and then some

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh my heart breaks for you too, I hope that what ever it is it will be found soon. I wonder if a liver shunt would cause this. That is one of the first things they thought Bella had, I guess they can be very common in bullies.

Please Please Please keep us posted and take deep breaths, you are doing all you can, don't ever blame yourself or ask "What if" most parents would give up or never look into it......HUGS

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hugs and prayers for as long as you need them, and then some. Yes Google can be your worst enemy and best friend. My boss likes to self diagnose himself all the time. It's easy to get wrapped up in our thoughts with only what we hear on the Internet. Hoping for the best for your baby!!! :hug:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
So sorry ...will keep you in our prayers for a positive outcome and a full and speedy recovery.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Liver shunt? I don't know what that is and I promised myself I'd stay off Google

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Google is the worst for times like this, seems you only find the worst information! Good luck and I'll be thinking of Abby! Keep us posted please!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I'm sooo sorry about your Abby. I would be devistated! I had a ROttie who drank like crazy and peed a lot.. I figured it was diabetes..and it was. I had to give him insulin shots, etc. He didn't get it until he was about 6 yrs old. It's not horrible..manageable. I pray everything is ok with your little Abby!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.