Why the licking?

Bully Ma

Oct 11, 2011
Massachusetts
Bulldog(s) Names
Lamb Chop
Lamby has started to lick at her right from paw. This has been going on for 2 weeks or so and there has been no redness or brown staining. Yesterday I did notice that inbetween her toe is starting to get red. She is eating Natural balance bison and sweet potatoe. I put her on that a about a month ago to clear up some eye problems which did go away but not she is licking. Should I try Duck and potatoe?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
probably not the actual protien in the feed possibly the potato ,could be yeast ?,karen

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] is right. Tagging [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] too.

Did you examine the area closely? Is there a sliver in there or some other debris causing the irritation? Is there a visible sore or perhaps a inter-digital cyst? Can you get a good picture of it?

Knowing precisely what you have there will dictate the course of treatment.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has the nickname Turbo Tongue. She licks the air and her front paws and her bed alternately and obsessively. It's an OCD habit that seems to comfort her. Sometimes it's quite annoying. She has caused staining on her front legs. We usually spray bitter apple on them to get her to stop on the legs.

But since this is something Lambchop just started it does perhaps seem that it could be allergy instead of OCD.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Karen.... potato. Also, could be allergies of some type.... wash/soak her paws a few times a week in warm water and epsom salts

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.