Out of the ordinary

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Our girl Spunky (12 weeks) has been acting out of the ordinary the last two days, yesterday evening she began to walk with a limp. I thought she was limping due to one of her front legs, I checked all toes, paws and legs for foreign objects or something that didn't "feel right." I didn't find anything, we monitored her up until bedtime. She slept soundly through the night and woke up this morning with no limp at all, however, we named her Spunky because she has just that, today she has seemed a little less "feisty" to say the least, she usually nips like crazy, today hardly any nipping. Normally she can't sit still for longer than two seconds, today, I've noticed her sit an ponder what's in front of her. My question is does this seem normal?

Her eating habits are on track, she still eats all her food in like two seconds and is drinking ample amounts of water.

Spunky has a vet apt the 25 in which she is due her 12 week schedule vaccine, FYI.

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
The two best indicators of health (that i know) in any dog, is that they will eat/drink and go potty like normal.....they might have a complaint but as long as they are doing those two things things aren't too dire... I think you might just want to keep an eye on her....sometimes growing puppies have growing pains every once in awhile....

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My bully Wilson sometimes "tweaks" a muscle now and then. After a day or so it resolved on its own. When BabyGirl had a limp it turned out to be arthritis but she is 3 years old and Spunky is just a baby so obviously it's not that. I know it's scarey since our dogs can't tell us what's bothering them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She could be going through a growing spurt which would cause her to limp and sleep more

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks, she has actually been doing more sleeping too, well wait and see how she does.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] I hope she is feeling better. I would have the vet take a look at it because she might have hurt her leg while jumping. Something similar happened to Mocha when she was younger and she had a torn ligament. I give Mocha Glyco Flex III once a day a half tablet at dinner time.

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
She isn't limping anymore, but she was hesitant to eat her food this morning, which is a red flag. We are monitoring her through our IP camera while at work and will see how he does on her other meals today. We started carrying her up and down stairs as we are on the 2nd floor of an apartment. I hope its just growing pains!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Maybe not a "red flag" but she did take a bit longer to e interested then normal.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.