Diarrhea

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Can anyone tell me what would help diarrhea? Tank has severe diarhea due to my kids feeding him cake. Hes allergic to grains, chicken and rice.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Canned pumpkin not the filing. add to his food. Should help clear it up..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That means no bland diet, because of the rice. Dang! I wonder if you can use an alternative like a couple of potatoes?

I would certainly skip a meal and offer a smaller portion the next, give the tummy time to settle. Poor baby!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio had diarrhea all weekend, ended up having to take him to the hospital for IV fluids! Diarrhea is not fun! Gio is on rice and boiled beef right now so I would suggest boiled potatoes and boiled beef for a couple of days. I give him 1 cup of rice and half a cup of beef twice a day. Seems to be working, good luck!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch .. allergic to grains ... cos I too would immediately say the bland diet. I agree with desertskybulldogs .... maybe baked potatoes and hamburger meat for a couple of days with some pumpkin mixed in and then gradually mix in his usual kibble.

I would also give a stern telling off to your kids ...cos I don't care what age your kids are, when it's you doing the cleaning up ..... dogs with diahorrea is NO FUN!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor thing. youve already gotten good advice so i will just say i hope he feels better soon

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I am overly concerned after seeing a link about consumer complaints about natural balance we bought our new bags 2 weeks.ago cats are on natural balance also the past couple days we noticed all our animals have diarhea.could it be the food??????

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3251]theparrisfive[/MENTION] could be i read some of the complaints. easiest way to tell is to change the food to something else. if it were me id be switching all my pets pronto to see if it clears up. if it does you have your problem if it doesnt then id be looking around the house for something. let us know how its going.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am overly concerned after seeing a link about consumer complaints about natural balance we bought our new bags 2 weeks.ago cats are on natural balance also the past couple days we noticed all our animals have diarhea.could it be the food?????? Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Yep -- i'd be changing foods, not doubt. We use Fromm Beef Frittata - grain free. also, you can give your dog Imodium AD,,, we had to a few times, if the pumpkin doesn't help

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Update: tank ended up testing positive for ecology hes still on probiotics

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3251]theparrisfive[/MENTION] aw poor thing. ecology? never heard of it. hope he gets better soon. and did the food do it to him?

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
And yea it was his food our cats got it also. They are all on the same brand

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And yea it was his food our cats got it also. They are all on the same brand Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

How is Tank? Are you taking them all off of the food?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.