Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just looking for an update. How did everything go?

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey all! Things were going so well yesterday and then I woke up at about 2:00am and noticed he was bleeding again! It seemed like alot b.c for 2 days things were getting better it seemed! He was acting funny (wouldnt get up)and I started to get nervous that he was going to have a seizure and figured lets go! We decided to go to our animal hosp b/c I couldnt risk getting lost going to the new place! Well what a good idea b.c Brutus surgeon was on call so it was perfect! He looked at us right away and said that it was still normal for the bleeding and for me to continue what im doing with him..He said that Brutus is problem still having some pain which can cause muslce spasms or a seizure b.c of pain..(we are going back in 2 weeks for further testing to make sure he doesnt have a seizure condition.I asked about the relapse as the prev surgeon said..He said that Brutus might have popped a stich which caused the relapse I LOST IT!!!! I let them know that we talked to our family vet and she was concerned that it shouldnt have happend so soon! Told him that I was going to have to spend more money to get a second opinion and it wasnt about the money its about getting the best care at any cost!!! he understood ...TO make a long story short his surgeon said that we will continue to mointor him for the next 2 weeks and take it from there! THe suregeon did say if another surgery is required I would pay 500 for the after care which is NO PROBLEM FOR ME! THANKS TO ALL THIS ADVICE I BROGHT WITH ME AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT PERFECT FOR OUR FAMILY---sorry if some us this doesnt make sense I am so tired and cant wait to get to sleep!THere was so much going on!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I just reread and oh my god my grammer stinks! I missed a lot b/c its so hard to type everything they said lol I am going to relax b/c I am just freaking out over this and its not helping the situation! Have any info on seizures after surgery due to pain??? THat doesnt sound right to me but diff people say that! THey said they would like to further test him but want to see if it happens again which it hasnt thank god! I was just freaking yesterday by the way he was thinking oh no i dont want it to happen again! Its scary Im rambling again sorry

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I still think that surgeon should have taken him in and fixed the stick that came out, poor baby is going to bleed to death, before he gets better. Sorry you have to go through this because someone doesn't want to stand behind their work.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I agree! They said that the bleeding will start to stop within the next week! I talked to the other hospital today and they agreed with the bleeding said that it was normal! since last night there hasnt been any blood! It was just weird the way he was last night I got scared! We are going back next week for another check if all is good in the meantime! Today he is def himself wanting to play with his toys and trying to break his sister out of her area he bites the gate and trys to open it (determined)

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Oh it sounds like everybody at your house deserves a long nap.... The stitch that broke is the source of the blood? If that's true I would do my best to keep Brutus quiet for the next little while,especially if surgeon doesn't want to redo it.... And last thing, about a year ago my Schultz slipped a disc in his back and his pain was tremendous, even with pain killers, he passed out a couple of times after shaking from the pain...it was horrible....so pain absolutely can cause something that looks like a seizure....hang in there....I know it's terrible when they aren't feeling well, get some sleep, important to take care of yourself too....

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
We both just took a much needed nap together on the floor! It was very nice! The director from the hospital called me to apologize for the troubles and let me know if Brutus indeed does require addtnl surgey there will be NO cost to us! I guess my freak out on them worked(thanks members/friends) He said that there is no way to tell who is at fault whether he popped the stich or error on surgeon part but said that they would take care of it all for me and faxed a ltr as well....I thought that was a step in the right direction....What do you all think?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hurray, so glad to hear that. Finally someone over there is doing the right thing. I'm so happy for you.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah I'm a bit relieved! I just hope now my Brutus just keeps getting better! I dont think this would have been with out you guys on here! Really THANKS SO MUCH!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It sounds like things are looking up! I wanted to ask you if Brutus has already been neutered? did that occur with the prolapse surgery? if he's neutered i'm hopeful he will not be experiencing the bleeding any further as this will also decrease the chance of him relapsing.

Okay, continue to keep us posted!!:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

:dance: What great news... so good to hear the hospital is stepping up and you did not have to make a so a long drive over to PA or NY. also, very happy to hear your baby is doing a little better. and, it is great that you got to take a nice nap and snuggle with you boy.

Be sure to keep us posted.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey...Yes we did the neuter at the same time as prolapse surgery as I read that its best to prevent a relapse, also we decided that its one surgery not 2 and with the prolapsed urethra breeding wasnt an option as we cant guarantee the problem wont be hereditary. Today was good so we will continue to take it day by day.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Yes if he keeps up with the attitude he has today we will have no problems lol he is back to his determined ways! I will def keep you posted and once my phone charges will post new pics from today! Thanks again for everything

Most Reactions