Odd bumps

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I was playing with Elli an noticed little bumps user her chin. I tried to get a picture but it's impossible. They may be pimples? How should I handle them?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328924296.202994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328924296.202994.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 100

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Those look like the same thing Tonka gets. Those are pimples. All you can do is wait for them to go away. Tonka's will scab over sometimes. I also use Stridex pads (with aloe for sensitive skin-alcohol free) to try to prevent them. Other than that you can make sure to wipe the face often after eating/drinking and make sure you use stainless steel bowls for water and food. How old is your bully? Tonka is 7 1/2 months and his pimples have gotten a bit worse lately....I wonder if there is an age similar to teen years in humans where pimples occur more often. Hmmm....

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Elli's only 4 months and I clean her face with baby wipes nightly... Guess well have to see

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3960]Autzz[/MENTION] .... bully acne. Be sure you are using stainless steel bowls and wipe her chin when she is done drinking if needed.

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I'll start doing that. She already has the stainless steel. Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's very common, especially when they are in the first year. Bully's chin's stick out like a sore thumb, it's the first thing that get's bumped, stubbed, touched with everything they do. Good idea to keep it clean. When they sniff the ground, the chin will touch and often times get's dirty.

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

I've been keeping on her and I just been checking on them and one seems to be getting bigger and very red. Do I just leave alone?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Autzz some Bully's acne is worse then others. Perhaps you could wash and rinse with an antibacterial soap. then dry. I wouldn't want to put pimple cream on because they get the chin wet and it touches the food also. I'm sure you will keep an eye on it. Jack's chin was the worst out of all my dogs, he grew out of it, but sometimes it would bleed. Google it to see what other recommendations you can find. I Google everything. Try Bulldog chin pimples. Just a thought. I'm going to go look it up myself while I'm thinking of it. :detective:

What is the treatment for acne?
Acne is most often treated topically unless the case is severe. It is important that you use only the products recommended by your veterinarian, as your dog's skin is thinner and more sensitive than human skin. Many Bulldog owners follow a daily cleaning routine to care for and prevent acne. Hydrogen peroxide applied with a cotton ball is safe way to clean your Bulldog's face. Just be careful to keep it out of your Bullie's eyes. Another option is baby wipes.

In severe cases treatment with drugs may be necessary and you will need to administer pills once or twice daily for a prolonged period of time. A commonly prescribed drug is the antibiotic cephalexin.
Avoid trauma to the affected areas to limit scar formation.

I found this

Last edited:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Hudson's acne just went away in the past few months...he's 20 months old now. You're doing it all right! Keep with the stainless, wipe after eating and drinking, and keep that bully chin clean. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.