Sores around bullies mouth... HELP!

Klawler86

Oct 31, 2011
I noticed this evening some blood coming from my bulldogs mouth and started looking closer to figure out where it was coming from. I noticed a group of 3 sores on the corner of her mouth along with irriation on her chin and more sores. Does anyone have any ideas what these could be? I researched it a little online and it says possible bacterial infection but I have never seen this on her before so I am a little concerned. She has been battling an ear infection for about a month now and we are now on a second round of ear antibiotics (Mometamax) and she is on benedryl 2 tablets a day and just started omega vitamins for very dry skin.
Let me know if anyone has any insight on what this might be ?? molly.jpgtn.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is your bully? it could be puppy warts

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Her chin really looks painful.... it almost looks like poison ivy ... could she have gotten into some? Or, could she be having a reaction to the mometamax and benedryl being mix?

OP
K

Klawler86

Oct 31, 2011
She is only outside for a very short period of time to do her business on a leash and we go around the same area everyday and she hasent been in anything new... The mometamax is a medicine that goes directly in her ears and the benedryl is taken orally so im not sure if there would be a reaction from the two. I am going to call the vet in the morning and see if they have any suggestions or if I need to take her in. Her chin has a tendency to be red alot but not inflammed like that. We just started the benedryl 2 times daily about a week ago but I wouldnt think that would cause it. The only new thing that has been added in the past few days in the omega vitamins. So frusterating when you dont know what it could be or whats causing it :(

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Does she have a really wet mouth (like can you visibly see her drooling)? Sometimes if a bulldog has a super wet mouth and tends to lay on a hard surface and drool...they can cause irritation to their mouth area. Another thing to consider is...if you have recently shampooed your carpet or used a chemical on the floor to clean or something and then she came along behinid you and laid on it...that can cause irritation as well.

I would check with the vet though just to make sure it isn't something that needs medical treatment. Good luck with your baby! :)

OP
K

Klawler86

Oct 31, 2011
Im more concerned now... I just got her in the light to look at it again and the redness on her chin in a BUNCH of small bumps all which are slightly oozing :( I have no idea what could be going on with her. I cleaned it really good and put some neospoin on it and Im gonna call the vet first thing in the morning to see what they say. Poor baby :( She has been through lots of pain the past month with her ears and her allergies going crazy. Thanks for yalls help :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok chin bumps ear infections n dry skin are just what you said allergies. Do they have what looks like dandruff in the fur? Allergies. Either something environmental or food. Have you had your bully allergy tested? I would n are you feeding a food with grains or grain free? If I'm feeding Sarah something she is allergic to she gets red chin with bumps. Not bleeding but bumps with red. And she will keep an infection or yeast in her ears? Are they brown with gunk? Just wondering

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Do you have any malaket wipes or anything similar? Maybe try cleaning with that will help? Cutty just randomly out of nowhere had some CRAZY chin sores that were very sore looking. Came out of nowhere and I felt so bad when I noticed them. For him only thing I can think is all the chewing on the antlers he has been doing? Anyhow I cleaned with my malaket wipes and almost immediately they cleared up. havent seen them since. May not be the same issue but couldnt hurt to give it a try.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Agree with [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] , clean the area with the malaket wipes or you can try stridex pads. It could be the acne that has gone out of control. Try drying the are whenever it looks moist. Food plays an important part also. Check your dog food for the ingridients. oh , also what type of food dish do you use???

Kristin

Oct 31, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Oh, please let us know how you and your bully make out. My bulldog George has the same thing for about 2 months. It seemed to have started as acne. We thought from drinking the Christmas tree water but the tree is gone. Make sure you are using stainless steel bowls not plastic or aluminum. George's sores will sometimes seap a clear fluid and sometimes they bleed, especially when he is running around like crazy ...which is daily.
Hope things work out well, please update us.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im more concerned now... I just got her in the light to look at it again and the redness on her chin in a BUNCH of small bumps all which are slightly oozing :( I have no idea what could be going on with her. I cleaned it really good and put some neospoin on it and Im gonna call the vet first thing in the morning to see what they say. Poor baby :( She has been through lots of pain the past month with her ears and her allergies going crazy. Thanks for yalls help :)

Could it be a hotspot? since you say it is oozing... made me think that

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jameson had it bad...it's like acne. they would get really bad like ur second picture...i've switched his food and after 6 weeks or so it's totally cleared up. when i say his were bad...they would bust open playing and ooze and bleed....his chin looks awesome now

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.