Skin Problems

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
Has anyone ever encountered this before. My Marly has red lumps and it looks like pus at the end of them. I dont know if this is a typical skin condition if so what can be done to help. I was thinking about waiting 3 days and if it doesnt clear up I was going to take her to the vet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 150

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
It's hard to tell from that picture because it's a bit blurry. It does look a bit like the pustules that my dog gets. The way it was explained to me is that it's a bacteria infection triggered by allergies. If that's the case, vet prescribed antibiotics should do the trick.
Do you have a better picture?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cant see from the picture but I havent had any experience with this either. If it is an allergy related thing then I suppose you have to look at what foods you are feeding etc and see what the problem is. How long have you had the bully vs how long this has happened? Has there been any changes recently? Hopefully someone on here will have more experience with this but if it were me not knowing what it is I would go to the vet as reasurance.

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
That is the only picture I got from it.

She's is eating Nutra Ultra which is all natural. I have had her for about 4 weeks and I just noticed last night.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Maybe it's the detergent you use on her bedding. Try something with no smell to it. Like the kind you use with babies. A friend of mine has a bullie that is allergic to air fresheners that you plug in.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well since the switch was only 4 weeks ago it could be the food. Maybe it took this long to develop? I know when I switch my foods it takes about a month or so of being on the new one to tell what the effects will be so maybe? What was she on before was there any bad reactions to it? I looked up that food on the ratings page and it specifically wansnt on there but other nutro foods are, from 1 star which is bad to 3 star which isnt so bad. They say 4 star or more is where you wanna be for the most part if possible.
here is the link if you wanna check it out.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/DogFoodAnalysis.html

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Looking closer at the pic, it looks kinda like bug bites. Are the bumps all over, or just a couple on her belly? The pus could be a yeast infection too. Bulldogs are prone to those.

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
I use a hell of alot of air freshener since she is still a puppy and shes peein and pooping everywhere. I should stop using it so much I guess and the only bedding she has is her create and puppy training pads.

Nutra Ulta is a 3 star rating. Petsmart really recommended that food and my vet has been feeding her bullie for over a year.

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
Take that back i dont know if they are bites or not.

I know she doesnt have flea either because I throughly looked at her coat yesterday.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it itchy for her? Also does she pee in her crate and lay in it? Could be allergies, could be a bite, could be urine irritation, but if you can think of anything she may have done or gotten into that is not her everyday normal activity-- new toys, dog bowl, collar, bedding, anything.

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
She did pee in her crate yesterday and I believe she was laying on it. Thats probably it! I havent done anything out of the ordinary or bought her anything.

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
Halo had developed a belly rash a couple of weeks ago that was red and some looked like bug bites/ pimples
(it was an allergy flare up from my mom letting her eat "junk dog food"), I started washing Halo's belly in dish soap then using apple cider vinager diluted with water 1:4, once the ACV mix dried I would rub her spots with bag balm.

here is some more info on ACV http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html (I always dilute the ACV)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online