Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm not sure what's up with Delilah. I don't know if this is yeast again or not--it honestly doesn't look or smell the same.

But for the last week or so she's had a really nasty nose rope. I can normally go every other day with cleaning but now I'm doing it twice a day. I feel so bad for her, she hates it. I can tell it's painful and it's bothering her.

It's really, really red..and there's tons of big chunks of brownish black crud in there. I've been cleaning it out with Malaket wipes, then putting Panalog cream on it..then dabbing Gold Bond on it to dab it up. This helps, and she rubs her face around for a bit afterwards because it burns but then calms down and feels better because she stops scratching it. Her face looks less red for awhile, but then in a few hours it's back.

Any ideas what it is and what I can do for it?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
have you tried just boiled cooled water and then a nappy rash cream?,karen

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would not mix Panalog with gold bond. It is meant to stay an ointment form, I would just clean well with malaket wipe, dry it good and apply the Panalog. Mixing it with gold bond is different medications, they may not work in harmony. Either way, whether it's yeast (fungal) or germy gunk (bacterial) the Panalog will fix it, since it treats either type.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm wondering if you aren't cleaning too much. The Maloket wipes are strong! I agree with Lisa..I wouldn't mix panalog and gold bond..or honestly any powder. Try leaving it alone for a few days...maybe a tiny bit of panalog...then try a Qtip soaked in witch hazel. Don't dry it out..it will dry on its own. Then if it's red and sore looking..I would try a tiny..tiny dab of desitin..try healing the irritated skin. Then tackle the yeast with panalog...if its yeast.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I thought I read somewhere that leaving it wet in there would make matters worse...oi, haha. I will try it without the Gold Bond.

I'm going to lay off the cleaning a bit. I just hate seeing her face look so darned bad. Makes me feel like a bad bully mama.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I thought I read somewhere that leaving it wet in there would make matters worse...oi, haha. I will try it without the Gold Bond.

I'm going to lay off the cleaning a bit. I just hate seeing her face look so darned bad. Makes me feel like a bad bully mama.

Lauren..you read correctly! The thing is that Witch Hazel is a natural astringent..so it is a drying agent. It will dry on its own! Any other water etc, you don't want to leave wet..it will cause problems!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] oh I haven't tried Witch Hazel yet. I've been using the Malaket wipes and the Panalog cream..and was trying to use the Gold Bond for drying.

should I use the Malaket and the Panalog with Witch Hazel?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would think the witch hazel would be in place of malaket wipes. I agree too much cleaning can make things worse. Get it clean and let it chill for a bit. Atleast until the open sore part is kinda healed up. Poor thing.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Lauren! I would not use the Maloket wipes if her skin is irritated. I would use a Qtip dipped in witch hazel..run inside the rope..then I would dab a teeny bit of panalog onto the irritated skin. I'd stay away from Maloket until all the irritation has been cleared up! And I'd only use the witch hazel 2 or 3 times a week..needs to heal.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I haven't even cleaned her face for 3 days, haha. It's driving me fricken nuts but I'm letting it go for a bit.

I'm just getting regular baby wipes to use and I'll use the Malaket a few times a week.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.