Prolapsed Urethra Surgery 3 Days ago! 8 month English bulldog

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hi Everyone! I need some advice on this...My baby boy had surgery 3 days ago and came home last night he was throwing up after surgery so they kept him for addtnl 2 days to be sure he was ok! Everything went great with surgery and he is eating and drinking and being his crazy self! He also was neutered at the same time to prevent any further complications with his health I belived it was best for him hubby was upset but he knew also :) So today he acting crazy like usual and I gave him all the meds they said would make him sleepy but he wants to play with me and jump around me because we always have playtime on the floor since he was 3 months lol any ways to keep him calm during this healing process of about 2 weeks! I have his sister in the other part of the house until his stiches come out and he is fully healed. Any suggestions are helpful of anyone that has been thorugh this what to expect after procedure because the blood they say is normal but wow its so darn messy

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I don't have any personal experience with this but my cousins EB had the sugery .. I am really happy for you that things went well. I would suggest as hard as it is keeping him as calm as possible.. that way everything can heal up asap.. I know she ended up taking him to the ER because his stiches ripped open :(
After my EB had eye surery I would just have times where I laid with him and I would actually sing to him! ha ha I am a quack!

stay in touch with us.. I am sure others will chime in to give you some tips! :yes:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I would crate him to keep him quiet...Thats what I do with mine when they have surgery

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
What we will do for our animals lol I actually put some childrens music with no singing on and it seemed to relax him! Im having a hard time carrying him up and down the stairs to go out because i cant go near his pee pee lol or near his rear end b/c of the neuter im so scared to pick him up so i have been leaving pee pee pads in his area! I had him in the crate last night but he has the large collar on and couldnt move well I felt so bad I made an area in the living room on my marble floor easy to clean with towels and pillows for him and gated him in seems to be comfy so were good now!

Oh wow how did the stiches rip ??? I want to prevent that so thats why im not taking him outside let him do his business on the pee pad

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.