Arnold's lumpsT

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
The vet ruled out a fatty deposit as well as abcess. There are 2 lumps and there is a stem connecting them. So the plan is to remove them surgically and examine the tissue after removed as to the cause. Not good news!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, literally just went through this with Punkin. When's the surgery and how big are the lumps? Punks' surgery was just this past Tuesday and we got the results yesterday. Going to pray for good news and hoping the answers are just as quick.

Big hugs to you and Arnold.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am hoping you will have good news like [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], she had that worry too and it all turned out fine. Please keep us updated on Arnold. Good thoughts and vibes coming towards you and Arnold.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In surgery now!! My poor baby!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sending good thoughts. Hope the results are as good as Punkin's were.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news everyone!! The growth was scar tissue from our Westie nipping at him when he gets irritated with him. The vet showed us the tissue after surgery and it was a fairly big piece of tissue. Arnold wants to rough house when the Westie wants to relax on the sofa. There was bruising from him as well so it looks like Spike will have to go upstairs to relax if he can't tolerate Arnold until Arnold is not so rambunctious!! I have a post anesthesia picture which might compete with the forum on biggest tongue (photobucket isn't uploading my pix yet). And although we are relieved that is was benign, it is killling us to hear him whine and;look so lost tonight!! Thank you again for all your thoughts!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] what great news, so happy it all turned out to be nothing serious. And, good move on keeping a tired Westie separated from a energized bully

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]- That is easier said than done. Any suggestions? For example, Spike just came in the house and Arnold, now with about 15 sutures in his back, started after the Westie. The vet offered sedatives but I declined this offer. This has been an ongoing dilemma since Arnold joined our family but I did not realize that Spike had actually punctured his skin or caused bruising. They play wonderfully outside or on the terms of Spike but Arnold just doesn't understand the cues from Spike that he is done playing. I move Spike up but then Spike moves back around Arnold. Sometimes we move Spike to our daughters room but it seems unfair since he wants to be around the family as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION], sorry i'm late on this thread but I'm so happy to hear that Arnold is okay and that he's recovering. Wonderful news!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.