agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnolds sutures.jpgArnold on anesthesia.jpg Here is a picture of Arnold coming off anesthesia and one of his owie

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I totally missed this yesterday. I'm so happy to see that it was scar tissue. :) How big is the incision? Poor guy.

Last edited:
OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]. It all happened so fast! The incision is about to 6 inches long. Looking nice and intact. We are so relieved but perplexed about what to do with spike and arnold.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is all we can figure. He had bruises in that area as well. The only time he hass ever had a mark waslittle scratches from spike nipping him. I never saw a mark on that area. And. Arnold is so protected it is the only thing that makes sense. But the vet was freaking out because there was what appeared to be a stem between 2 lumps (I.e. cancer) so since arnold is so young he thought we should remove asap. It was actually grwing. Happy ending except the bill and how to remedy spike and arnold's Relationship in the house. Sorry if messy but writing on my cell phone

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama - That is easier said than done. Any suggestions? For example, Spike just came in the house and Arnold, now with about 15 sutures in his back, started after the Westie. The vet offered sedatives but I declined this offer. This has been an ongoing dilemma since Arnold joined our family but I did not realize that Spike had actually punctured his skin or caused bruising. They play wonderfully outside or on the terms of Spike but Arnold just doesn't understand the cues from Spike that he is done playing. I move Spike up but then Spike moves back around Arnold. Sometimes we move Spike to our daughters room but it seems unfair since he wants to be around the family as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Ever use the squirt bottle? Plain water any unwanted behavior and you squirt them square in the face with a firm NO

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ever use the squirt bottle? Plain water any unwanted behavior and you squirt them square in the face with a firm NO
No but after that scare, I am going to

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No but after that scare, I am going to

It works great --- they hate getting it in the face. Unfortunately, when I started taking my guys to daycare, it became a toy to them because they were so spoiled by the girls working there - it is now useless on Banks, but she is a good girl now and knows the limits.

Most Reactions