Ever seen a tail like this?

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I've missed everyone! So busy!!

Anyways...our foster Elvis, who we have had since October, is headed to his new home! [MENTION=2030]HuddysBuddy[/MENTION] has posted some pics of him, I believe.

When we picked him up, his owners told us he didn't like to have his tail touched, so we left it alone. Not long after that, we tried the butt scratch on him, which he loved. This was followed later by the famous "nubby rubby." How did it turn out? One very happy bully, as usual.

We discovered that his tail was separated, the skin and hair growing from it seemed separate from the skin covered bone. Weird, but it appeared to be congenital, so he had no idea - it didn't bother him. Maybe that's why he didn't like it being touched before.

Today I was giving him a bath and lifted his skin out of the way to clean the area well and noticed - OH! he has a screw tail. It's tight, very, very tight, which is probably why I've never noticed it before.

I was just curious with all the breeders on the forums along with many people who have fostered and rescued, has anyone seen a tail like this? It's a little gross looking in this picture, sorry. ;) I'm sure you guys have seen grosser stuff with bullies.

2012-02-02 17.18.48.jpg

I'd love any input you guys have! Thanks!

And, no, he has no problems with anal glands or even being stinky. For a tail this tight, he does very well. Maybe it's more normal than I think...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it is pretty common, looks like a screw tail but a very, VERY tight one. When it is shaved it makes it look so more bizarre. My pups right now all have nice tails, not really long, but not short and nubby. I prefer it this way, so much easier to care for.

OP
ILuvHudson

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I kinda thought that...
Believe it or not, that's how his hair/skin lays that if you pull the skin with the hair up, you can easily expose that. Shockingly, no yeast in there.
I love nubby tails. Hudson's sticks up, thank goodness. I know they can be more work, but the nub!! I love it!
Beautiful pups in your profile pic. I assume they're your doing? The brindle is beautiful!! If the rest of him/her is like that, I'd imagine the show ring would be just the place for him/her to be... ;)

OP
ILuvHudson

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I kinda thought that...
Believe it or not, that's how his hair/skin lays that if you pull the skin with the hair up, you can easily expose that. Shockingly, no yeast in there.
I love nubby tails. Hudson's sticks up, thank goodness. I know they can be more work, but the nub!! I love it!
Beautiful pups in your profile pic. I assume they're your doing? The brindle is beautiful!! If the rest of him/her is like that, I'd imagine the show ring would be just the place for him/her to be... ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks a lot like Banks' tail... very tight cork screw -- like she has extra skin there.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.