Limes vaccine

sumfincool

Jan 10, 2012
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duece & Bella
My 3yr old bully Duece has never gotten the limes vaccine due to the breeders warrantee. The vet wants to give my new bully puppy Bella the limes vaccine. We are so torn we live in nj and there is definitely Limes ticks. Any advice?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
We decided against getting the vaccine. My boyfriend's parents labs both had the vaccine but still got lymes disease. So instead we just try to prevent getting ticks on them (checking them out when we come inside and using Frontline).

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think when it comes to vaccinating a young pup..less is best! I know it's hard to disagree with your vet..but it's YOUR pup relying on you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you do not have cats in your home... use K9 Advantix. I've used it for 7 years and never one tick on my bullies. We live right north of Valley Forge Park (about 40 mins) from you.... it is loaded with deer and ticks are every where nearby.

Christemo

Jan 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
I'm actually from Marlton, NJ and have late-stage lyme (I wish they had vaccines for humans!).
For our cats, we use the Revolution from the vet and that works wonders. Never found a tick on them.

OP
sumfincool

sumfincool

Jan 10, 2012
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duece & Bella
Thank you everybody I think I am going to skip the vaccine. We don't live close to woods and our dogs are not outside for very long. We give Duece k9 advantix II monthly and check him regularly. I don't want to give a vaccine that may potentially harmful to my bullies I love them too much!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.