Thoughts, prayers, & good vibes needed!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
After much research, discussion with the orthopedic surgeon, discussion with the regular vet, thinking, re-thinking and soul searching, I've decided to take Truman in for the FHO (Femoral Head Ostectomy) and JPS (Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis) surgery. These surgeries, done now, before he develops crippling arthritis and while he is still young, can stave off future problems and help him have a more normal puppyhood and life. While he is in there, he's getting neutered as well.

That's a lot of surgery for a little dog but the neutering and JPS are non-evasive procedures that require a small incision and limited pain management. The FHO, of course, is more evasive and will require a bit of down time and physical therapy to get the hip back in working order, since it likely never was pain free for him and hasn't been in use since he dislocated it, probably a month ago.

He is having surgery tomorrow and will stay overnight for monitoring and come home on Thursday. I will let everyone know how Truman is doing once I know but any support is much appreciated!

And of course, he'll have the support of his big brother too:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Will be praying for the little guy, im sure he will be back to his old self in no time!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You are brave and I am glad you are doing this for Truman. He is so very lucky to have a mommie like you!! I hope the procedure goes well and he gets through okay, thank you so much for sharing your life with Truman and Linus, as well as your memories of Bentley. You are an amazing bully mommie!

Going to say a prayer right now for him!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We also will be thinking of Truman. Hope all goes well little one. Mommy, bend down and give Truman a kiss from Vegas and Orion. (actually, Orion tends to use her lower teeth and a little bit of tongue, so for now...maybe just a kiss from Vegas) Best wishes to a speedy recovery. Truman was paired with you for a reason. Truman is a very lucky boy to have a mommy like you. And I have to say, amazing picture! You have a great eye!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Our thoughts and prayers are with you today. Truman is very lucky to have you, and having the surgery so young I am sure he will recover quickly and you'll have a big ball of bouncy bulldog in no time!! :heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh I am so hopeful that this will work out for you both!!! You are an amazing bully mama to be willing to go thru all of this for him. Please let us know as soon as you hear something!!!! He is just too precious for this to not work out.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Our prayers are with you and Truman... you are doing the right thing.... your a great mommy. Truman will be up and going before you know it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
You and Truman are in my thoughts and prayers today. I completely agree with everyone else, you are a wonderful bullymama and Truman is very lucky to have you.

PS Very cute pic of Truman and Linus :heart::bully:

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
we'll keep Truman in our thoughts and prayers today, what a lucky boy to have such a great mama! keep us posted and what a great pic of your bully boys!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
You and Truman are in my prayers. Please keep us updated when you hear anything!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just a quick update: Truman was dropped off this morning and was happy and wagging his tail and enjoying all the attention. I was also very happy to learn that one of the women I play hockey with works at the place he's having his surgery, so she sent me this pic on my cell phone this morning:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He's in surgery now, the doctor will call as soon as it is over.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online