New EB owner help!

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I found this on Spunky when I went to pick her up, I know it wasn't there last night. Any ideas what it could be, I'm like a new parent here haha.

There is an ant pile in her potty area but we keep her leashes so I don't know if she could have gotten into ants.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking some Neosporin until improves...?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328154655.643279.jpg
Its the red rash above her VV the picture is post potty break (we just cleaned up her and put Neo on it)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] The ants most likely bit her. You are gonna have to move her potty area way away from them. I think some benadryl(oral) and maybe some benadryl ointment or Gold Bond Anti-Itch will be good for now to use on her. I cant see the pic very well so I am just guessing this might be the cause.Google how much benadryl to give her.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks for the help! No Benadryl ointment here so Neo tonight, I'll pick up some tomorrow. Thanks again

Don't Fight The Spunk!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] , Keep an eye on it and see if it get bigger or if she looses hair on that spot. Also wipe her vajayjay after she goes peepee , its a must with english bulldog girls!!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
probably just a reaction to something,keep an eye on it ,keep it clean if she starts scratching it then pop a tshirt on her when unsupervised that way she will not get any secondary infection ,this is something you want to avoid as she will need antibiotics which you want to try and avoid,keep us posted,karen

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
All my dogs have had minor little bumps here and there. Never really amounted to anything serious. Since they always seemed to be on their undersides I have to think it was a bug bite or plant scratch causing a reaction. Just washed the area and put a little Neosporin on it. You might want to keep some Benadryl on hand in case of bee stings.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
If it looks a little like a pimple - I'm not sure without seeing in person - it could be a mild staph infection. I would say keep doing what you're doing, the advice above is great. If you'd said nothing about the ants, I'd be more positive. ;)
Do you wipe after potty time? With Hudson we do and it keeps the area dryer and helps prevent bacteria growth under those back legs where it gets so warm and moist.
If more of those show up, have the vet take a peak. Some of Hudson's initial break outs started in the groin.
Hope she's back to perfect soon - what a cute little belly!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
you have great advice from everyone....my Bella gets these, no know reason except possible bug bites, we live in Florida where nothing dies.

Adorable spotted Belly by the way.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks! And yea we wipe after potty breaks! Currently using non fragrance baby wipes, were only on day two with the wipes. Well see if they irritate her or not. We also use some warm water light soap and a wash cloth.

I think it was an ant/bug bite we have been putting NeoS on it and it seems to be healing up, of course well keep an eye on it. I think she got into a pie that is in the middle of her potty area. So we've been relocating her to a new potty area in hope of no ants.

Thanks for the help gutsy!

Hey by the way welcome my wife (Spunky's mom) [MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION]

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Hey by the way welcome my wife (Spunky's mom) [MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION]

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Welcome to both of you. We have a couple Husband/Wife teams on board, you are going to love this site.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.